Chapter 27

Vincent's POV

  I open the door to let my brother in, and he steps inside with the reject on his back, pretty much unconscious.  When Phoenix sees the kid from her spot on the couch, she nearly flips her shit.

"Jere!" She shouts as she bolts upright, only to fall to the floor.  Mike chuckles an places Jeremy on the couch next to where Phoenix was sitting.  My cousin pulls herself back onto the couch and settles next to her friend. 

  Her eyes start glowing a silvery color as she tries to figure out what's wrong with her friend.  When she finishes, she turns to Mike, her eyes cold and warning.  Ohohohohooo! My bro's in some deep shit now!

Mike's POV

"Mike, what happened at school?"

  My cousin questions me in a quiet voice, though I can hear a warning in it.  I sigh.  No getting out of this one!

"Nightmare and his gang attacked Fritz, Scott, Jeremy and I at lunch.  Jeremy actually attacked Nightmare because I was being injured.  He looked pretty cool with his attacks, but it drained him," I explain.  She nods slowly before turning back to Jeremy. 

"He shouldn't have done that.  He still technically isn't strong enough to do more than basic attacks and defense." She explains in a soft, strained tone.  Then something comes to mind.

"Hey Dip- er, Phoenix, why aren't you in bed resting?"

  As soon as I ask her this, she points to Vincent with her middle finger.  He rubs the back of his neck and chuckles nervously before backing out of the room. 

  God damn it, Vincent.

________________

I finally updated! Whoo!