Chapter 24

Mike's POV

  We're eating breakfast when we hear a short scream from upstairs.  It can't be my parents fighting, they're out of town for a week.  Then it hits me.  Phoenix. 

  I leap out of my seat milliseconds after Jeremy does and sprint past him, practically flying up the stairs.  The other two follow just on my heels. 

  We get to the guest room and I fling open the door without a second thought.  Phoenix is sitting on the bed, her head in her hands and taking quick, shallow breaths. 

  Jeremy shoves past me and runs to my cousin.  He hugs her and starts speaking to her softly.

"Ph-phoenix,  calm down!  Ju-just breath! It's okay, nothing bad is happening, so please calm down!"

  My cousin just continues shaking violently,  that's when I hear her repeating something over an over again. 

"It's all my fault.  My fault.  My fault.  They're gone because of me.  My fault.  The were killed because of me.  It's all my fault that they're gone. My fault,  my fail,  my fault!"

  It only takes me maybe a second to figure out what she's talking about by repeating that over and over again.  The murders that happened at Fazfuck's pizzeria 10 or 11 years ago.

  Phoenix never, and I mean never brings up the topic,  so the dream or nightmare or whatever must've been bad enough to get her to start talking about it.  So that's also probably what this panic attack is about.

  I see a dark shadow fly past me, and realize that it's Faith.  The spirit child hug Phoenix, and everyone gasps as Faith becomes visible to them,  as well as the fox ears that just twitched on Phoenix's head.

  This I also when I notice that Faith seems to have a more physical figure,  like a child made out of mist and shadows.  Her lower half seems to be more clear,  not just fading away into a trail of mist. 

  Then my cousin rests her head against Jeremy's shoulder,  and I feel a small twinge of jealousy,  but I push it aside.  I can't feel like this.  Anyway, it's time to get ready for school.  And it's Vince's turn to watch Phoenix.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  Well,  sorry if this sucked,  but I feel like I'm running on the speed force right now because I need to post several chapters before Wednesday.  Plus this also keeps my mind off of...things.  Hope you enjoyed anyway!  Ciao!