13: My Soju Fool

//♣

The talk with Leo never left my mind. I didn't want to think of something so troublesome while having fun with everyone. It just wasn't my style.

I was headed to the door, making my way back to everyone, but instead I spotted Jihyo. She was leaning against the door, staring right at me. Shivers crawled up my spine... Did she hear our conversation? Probably not.. she was inside...maybe...

"What's on your mind?", I asked while leaning into her. She didn't respond.

Playing hard to get? My only other option was to make her laugh. I put my hands on my cheek, and squished them together while making a fish face. Surprisingly, that made her chuckle a little bit. But it was enough to lighten the mood.

Jihyo laughed, but still had an aura about her that wasn't happy right now. "Tell me. . .Who was that guy?", she said quietly. I figured this was going to be asked sooner or later, but I didn't want to discuss such things right now. Though, if I didn't answer her question, she'd probably get mad.

"My brother", I replied.

"A brother? Since when?"

"Since high school", I said while brushing my hair back.

"It definitely felt like it was more than a normal sister and brother relationship", she emphasized. I quickly shook my head. Jihyo was starting to get the wrong idea.

"I'm telling the truth... I only see him as a brother figure. Nothing more and nothing less", trying to keep it simple and concise. She sighed, maybe finally realizing this wasn't going to progress any further. 

I grabbed her hand, "Look, we still have a whole night ahead us. Don't let it worry you.."

"Besides...I still haven't had dinner", I said while leaning closer to her. Her face turned red. I'm sure she thought of it in a sexual way.. but seriously I haven't eaten... I'm kinda hungry.

We made our way through the club, still holding hands, but not exchanging words. I may have sensed again that our tension was resurfacing. 

As we were walking, Momo spotted me. "Ah thank the fucking jisso christ, I was gonna leave you two! I'm hungry as hell man!", her hands were folded.

"Ah, mianhae", though seeing her pouting kind of made me laugh, but I also felt bad. "Let's go gang, I know the perfect place", said Nico as he was leading the way.

                                                                                    •••

I was born in Seoul, I knew this place like the back of my hand. But I must say... I've never once seen or heard about this place. It was... magnificent.

"Watashitachi wa koko ni iru", said Nico. Everyone was silent, except the J-line. Of course, no one knew what he said except Sana, Momo, Mina, Mika and I. "Ah... I mean... We have arrived!", they finally reacted.

As far as what Nico told me, this place was called Jjukku Jjukku. It was a high class Korean BBQ place that only certain people knew about if you had the right connections. I assume Nico had the right connections... though it wouldn't be impossible since he was popular at school.

When we walked through the door, my nose was instantly hit with the smell of meat. As expected. I've smelt grilled meat before, as odd as it sounds, but, I've never smelt something that actually made my knees weak. It was enticing...

A waiter helped us, and we were seated by a window. The view from the window was stunning. Green grass, bamboo, and even a small rock waterfall was in view. It was calming.