Chapter Ten

-Hayes POV-

It had been about four days since we had all given Tessa our gifts and she was starting to get better.

I woke up to a strange high-pitched sound.

I walked downstairs trying to find Nash.

"Nash?" I called.

Silence.

Then I heard the strange sound again.

I walked out and it became clear what the sound was.

Music.

I walked out on the deck and looked around. That's when I saw Nash and all the others on Matt's deck.

I was making my way over when I recognized the song. It was the Halo Theme.

I walked around the small crowd including Mahogany, Carter, Nash, Taylor, and Cameron to see Matt on the piano. He has always been good at playing the piano.

But that's when another sequence of high-pitched noises erupted into the air.

I couldn't recognize the other instrument.

I jogged up the steps to see Tessa sitting next to Matthew playing the violin.

Now when you think of the violin, don't you think of sad songs? I do.

Tessa smiled at me and began to play at a very fast pace. Her fingers flew across all the strings. Matt played along and it sounded amazing.

Nash turned to me. His jaw dropping.

"Isn't she amazing?!" He whispers as I sit next to him.

I nod. "I didn't know she could play."

Nash nods. "I guess only Matt knew. They were playing this morning when I got up." He says watching her in awe.

Carter leans toward me and smiles. "So far they've played Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, now Halo. This is my favorite!"

I smile and look at the rest.

They all sit in awe as they play. Cameron watching Tessa's fingers fly and Taylor humming along. Mahogany clapping along to the beat.

Then the song slowly came to an end.

"How in the world did you learn that?! It's amazing!" Cameron exclaims as she sets her violin down.

She smiles. "Practice. Since I was six."

"Wow. That was awesome." Carter says sitting against the rail.

"How long have you two been practicing?" Mahogany asks.

Matt smiles. "Last couple days. She already knows how to play a lot of songs. I just needed to learn the cords."

Nash smiles and sets his phone to the side.

"You guys are gonna gain a few extra followers. I just posted the video on Instagram, Vine, and Twitter." He says.

Tessa laughs. "Thanks. Like I need anymore. I've gained almost two million since I first started hanging out with you guys." She points out.

We laugh.

"So who's your inspiration?" I ask.

She looks at me and shrugs.

"You wouldn't know her. Her name's Lindsey Stirling. She's gotten pretty famous last couple years." She says taking out her phone and showing us a picture of her.

She has bright red hair with blond highlights. She looks as if she dancing and playing at the same time in the picture.

"She dances and plays?" Mahogany asks sounding shocked.