Chapter Twenty-Eight

-Tessa's POV-

It's five in the morning and I'm already up. Sitting on my bed checking my computer.

It's been a week since my bawling incident and things are looking up. Hates been better, there's not as much. I've been able to get signed up for home school for when I go home. Yeah, everything's okay for now.

But I head home in three and a half weeks and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm going to miss everyone so much.

My hair is pulled into a messy braid that hangs over my shoulder. I wear a lime green pajama top with some black Nike shorts.

Since we finished recording, we're going to film the music videos before I go home. So defiantly soon.

But it's funny. Shawn asked me if Madison could be in the video too. Haha. He's really into her, and Madison told me she likes him a lot. I just can't wait for them to start dating.

I jump from my thoughts as my phone vibrates in my pocket.

Pulling it out, I see that Hayes has texted me.

This early?

Hayes-

You up?

Me-

Yeah. Just surfing the web.

Hayes automatically responds.

Hayes-

Cool because I was wondering if you were busy today.

I smile.

Me-

Nope. Just planned on staying in bed all day.

Hayes-

Well the fair at the boardwalk is in town today, would you wanna come with me?

Me-

Sure. Sounds fun :)

Hayes-

Awesome. Want to take our boards?

I got a new blue Penney board yesterday and I've been dying to try it out.

Me-

Of course! ;)

Hayes-

Haha okay meet me out front in thirty, okay?

Me-

Ok.

Throwing my phone aside I jump up and grab my de-tangler cream and pull the wave from my braid and slather the stuff on. I turn on my curling iron so it can warm up before I pull on some jeans and a flowing white tang top.

I slide into some grey Vans and begin curling my hair, making sure each hair flows together. When I'm finished I brush it out a bit and pile on the hairspray.

I don't want to make a mistake.

-Hayes' POV-

I end the call and sigh with relief.

Here we go.

I get up from my place on my bed and walk over to my dresser. I knew it would be better to leave early, otherwise we'd get teased before we even left the driveway. And I think she's been wanting some time to get away.

Putting on some jeans, a Aeropostale shirt and some Vans, I toss my hair around until it looks decent, then grab a light black leather jacket. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I quietly grab my red pennyboard from its place next to my bed.

Jogging down the stairs, I grab a granola bar from the fridge and stuff it in my mouth. Not remembering there's a wrapper. Spitting it out, I calmly unwrap it and pop the actual bar in my mouth.

After swallowing, I fill a glass with some water and quick drink all of it. I begin to feel a shaky feeling in my forearms and legs.

Nervous maybe? Probably.

Taking a deep breath, I grab the keys and quietly slip out the front door.

Walking along the sand, about half way to Tessa's condo, something catches my eye on one of the Palm trees near me.

Walking over, I examine the wood and see this,

T+H=?

That surrounded by a heart.

Smiling, I grab a sharp rock from the sand and quickly scribble in three words beneath it.

Standing back a bit, I smile seeing that I can read the words clear enough.

I wonder if she wrote it.

Tossing the rock to the side, I walk the rest of the way and jog up the deck steps. I hold my fist next to the door but pull it away.

Someone could hear me.

Taking a seat on one of the deck chairs, I open up my phone and text her.

Me-
I'm outside

It only takes her a few minutes to respond.

Tessa-
K be right out.

I wait a few minutes before she opens the door and walk out. She smiles at me once our eyes meet. She wears a pair of light blue jeans, vans, and a flowing white tang top. At her side she holds her pennyboard.

"Hey." She greets. Showing her bright white teeth.

"Hi." I reply. "You ready?"

She nods. "I like your coat." She says reaching over and feeling the fabric.

I smile. "Yes, very fancy." I say sarcastically. She laughs.

"Okay, you ready to go?"

"Mhm."

Leading her down the steps, we begin walking toward Nash's car.

"So where are we going first?" She asks. "Because it doesn't open until seven."

I nod. Knowing she's right. "I was thinking we could walk around town until about eight, then head over to the boardwalk."

She smiles. "Sounds good."

As we reach Nash's car, I open up the side door and she frowns. "We're driving?"

I nod.

"You're only fifteen, remember?" She reminds me.

I nod. "My parents don't mind."

Smiling, she walks past me, and sits herself inside. "If we get in trouble it's your fault." She teases.

"Of course." I say softly shutting the door behind her.

Putting my board in the back seat, I shut the door and hop in the front. Tessa slides her board through the middle into the back seat and smiles as I start the car.

"Look!" She exclaims.

Looking back to back up. She pulls a hat of mine from the back seat and waves it around. "Remember this?" She asks.

I shake my head "no".

She smiles. "This was the hat you were wearing when I first met you."

Stopping the car. I smile at her.

This would be a perfect "kiss" moment, but I don't.

Instead I grab the hat and set it on my head.

"Then I'll have to make sure to wear it."

_____________________

Sorry this is late, more to come!

I'm goin on vacation soon so tons o chapters coming then!

If you like the Youtuber Danisonfire, my friend is writing a fanfic called "Dan Howell Next Door" by Stuffedolives.

Go read it!

Bye! :)

| Natalie Richards |