Chapter Twenty-Three

-Hayes' POV-

I stare out the window and watch as Tessa skips across the sand clutching the pile of clothes in her arms. Her blond hair flopping around behind her shoulders as she does so.

I lean back in my seat and smile at the ceiling.

She has such a pretty smile.

If only my phone hadn't ruined everything. But I was sort of glad that it rang. It wouldn't have happened the way I want it to, since I already have things planned. But I'm glad it almost happened though, now I know that she really does like me.

My phone buzzes and I look down to see Taylor calling.

"Yep?" I answer.

"Hey." Taylor begins. "I was wondering if you wanted to come over and play pool for a little bit with me, Carter and Matt while we wait for Shawn and Aaron to come."

"That would be fine. Just let me get dressed then I'll head over." I say tucking my phone between my ear and shoulder so I can reach for my Vans.

"Okay sounds good, I called Nash but her didn't answer."

"Yeah. He's in the shower, I'll text him once I get over to you guys."

"Okay cool man. Oh and by the way, we're going to invite the girls." He cautiously mentions.

I pause for a moment before answering.

This may get awkward.

"Ok cool, I'll be over soon."

"Are you sure? We don't have to invite them."

"Why wouldn't you? It doesn't matter to me." I say quickly, trying not to sound sarcastic.

I hear him smirk. "Whatever bro. Just get over here so we can start our game."

"Ok I'm coming." I say before ending the call.

I put on some light brown shorts and grab a blue palm tree tee shirt and pull it on. Sliding on my white Vans, I tuck the loss stirngs inside my shoes and shove my phone in my pocket.

I walk out of my room to see Nash walking toward his room with a towel wrapped around him.

"Hey." I say, making him stop in his tracks just as he opens his door.

"Sup?" He ask turning his face toward me.

"We're playing pool at Taylor's, he told me to tell you to come."

He nods. "Cool. I'll come over in like ten minutes."

Not giveing me time to answer, he disappears into his room and closes the door behind him.

Jogging down the stairs, I hear my mom rushing around in the kitchen.

"Mom! I'm going to Taylor's condo! Whenever you're done, come on over okay?" I shout toward the kitchen. The shuffling of her feet stops so I can tell she heard me.

"Alright honey! I'll be over in a few!" She replies, then the shuffling of her feet resumes.

Walking out of our condo, I pull out my headaphones and play Jack and Jack's new song "Tides" through them. I watch the waves roll onto the sand as the music plays and the slow melody of the song pulls a smile across my face.

Lord teach me how to swim, how to swim...

-Tessa's POV-

I walk into my room carrying Sky's clothing to see Mahogany, Sky, and Madison sitting on the floor watching videos on my computer.