Chapter Thirty-Four

-Tessa's POV-

I lay here at three am staring at the ceiling, and I can't help smiling. With the same beautiful thoughts repeating itself in my mind for hours.

Hayes Grier kissed me...

I'm Hayes Grier's girlfriend...

Hayes Grier kissed me...

I'm Hayes Grier's girlfriend...

And the funny thing is, I can nearly still believe it now.

After our little episode, we walked around for awhile, hand in hand, before driving home.

When we arrived, I remember what everyone said. Feeling the flashback creep back into my mind.

As we pulled up in the car, I spot everyone sitting around the firepit near the ocean.

"Prepare for some questioning." Hayes tells me grabbing my hand.

I smile. "Should we tell them?" I ask.

He smiles back but shakes his head. "I think they already know. They probably bet money on it, knowing them."

I laugh. Squeezing his hand I him deeply in the eyes. "If they ask, then we'll tell them."

He nods.

Opening our doors, I slide out of the car and shut it quietly behind me walking around the car, Hayes smiles and took my hand.

"I thought you didn't want them to know unless they ask." I say.

He nods. "I know, but I don't care. I don't want hide us from them."

I smile. "Ok."

Holding my hand tightly, we slowly approach the group near the fireplace. Hearing our footsteps, Mahogany is the first one to see us. And as always, she automatically notices our hands.

"I knew it! I called it!" She exclaims jumping out of Jacob's lap as everyone turns to look at us.

"Hey guys." Hayes says as we stop behind the first log where Cameron, Aaron, and Carter sit.

I see everyone smile as they notice us holding hands.

"You finally did it Hayes!" Nash says running over and hitting Hayes on his shoulder. "How much money did you bribe her with? Huh?"

"Nash." I say coolly, making him stop.

"Is it official?!" Madison asked excitedly, not bothering to leave her place next to Shawn.

I look up at Hayes, watching a smile grow on his lips.

Looking down at me, he smiles and nods.

"Yeah, she's all mine."

Mahogany and Madison sigh in awe. Sliding his arm over my shoulder, I look around to see everyone smiling. Almost everyone.

At the edge of the fire, Matthew sits alone, poking an old stick at the coals. A look of despair plastered on his face.

"Let's go tell mom!" Nash exclaims. "Come on everyone!" Nash says taking Mahogany's hand and dragging her away, everyone else following,

Except Matt.

I feel Hayes pull on my hand. "You comin?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah. I'll be right there." I say motioning to Matt.

"Something's up." I whisper in Hayes' ear. "I'll be there in a minute."

He sighs and leans in my ear. "Tell me everything."

I nod, agreeing. And watch as he turns and jogs off to catch the others.

I turn around and take a few steps toward the flames. Still on the opposite side of the fire from Matt.

"Are you okay?" I ask. But he doesn't answer.

"Matt please." I say taking a few steps around the fire until I'm standing next to him. Cautiously taking a seat next to him, I sigh.

"Is it-"

"It's nothing." He interrupts, his voice sounding harsh.

"Well if it's nothing, as you say, I will be going. I have more things I n-"

"Then go. I didn't ask you to stay." He says rudely, continuing to look at the flames.

Frowning, I stand. "Then bother coming to me for sympathy when you need it. Go be rude to someone else." I say standing and marching off toward Bah's condo. My whole mood ruined.

If it's what I think this is about... this will not end well.

The flashback fading, I sigh, knowing my happy thoughts are temporarily damaged.

I told Hayes, and he's as worried as me. I know Matt had a crush on me before, but I didn't think now.

"Don't let it ruin something great." I whisper to myself.

I finally have Hayes. And that's all I care about.

My phone bleeps next to me on my nightstand. The screen lighting up to display a message.

Reaching over, I hold the phone up and swipe to see the message. Holding my breath when I see who it's from.

Matt-
I'm sorry Tessa.

Sighing, I type in eight words before slamming the phone down on the nightstand. Not realizing how loud it was.

Me-
You have a lot of explaining to do.

After a moment, the phone beeps again. Grabbing it, I open the message to see its not from Matt, but from Hayes.

What great timing.

Hayes-
Are you doing okay?

I smile.

Me-
I'm the happiest I've ever been. My world has been completed.

Hayes-
Mine too. How should we spend our first day together?

Me-
That's for you to decide :)

Putting my phone down, I smile.

"Everything will be okay."

____________________

I don't know what to think of this chapter. Please comment and let me know what you think!

Sorry I've been inactive, been busy but i have some more time to write!

New chapter comes soon!

Love you guys! And please vote! And comment!

| Natalie Richards |