Chapter Twenty-Two

-Tessa's POV-

Running into the kitchen, I see Elizabeth as she begins cleaning up water that has spilled onto the floor.

"Oh my goodness. Why does everything- god I'm never- what am I going to do?" She mumbles as she grabs towels from the counter.

Slowly coming to her side, I cautiously take the towels out of her hand and place them aside. She looks at me questionable and I can see the stress in her eyes.

"Tessa I need those." She says without wondering about my presence.

"Listen, you need to sit down for a few minutes. Come here and sit down and take a break, I can deal with this." I say leading her to one of the bar stools. As I sit her down, she lays her head in her hands.

"Tessa I won't be able to finish if-" She begins.

"It's okay Elizabeth. Shawn and Aaron are going to love what you do for them no matter what. I haven't even met them but I already know. So please, just rest." I say patting her shoulder softly.

She nods and lays her head against the counter.

Hayes walks in, concern on his face probably because of the crash.

"Is she alright?" He whispers after acknowledging the state of his mother at the counter.

"Stress, give her a few minutes." I say grabbing the towels from the floor and begin soaking up the large pool of water.

"Here." Hayes says crouching next to me and holding out his hand. I place a towel in his palm and he begins soaking up water beside me.

Pausing for a moment, I take out my phone and text Mahogany.

Me-

Hey, Elizabeth spilled some water and I'm cleaning it up right now so I'll be back in a little bit. Keep Sky entertained.

My phone buzzes seconds later.

Mahogany-

Okay thanks for telling me. Is Elizabeth alright?

Me-

She'll be fine, just stressed.

Mahogany-

Ok.

Putting my phone away, I get back to soaking up the water with Hayes. We've gone through at least six towels already and only have a few left.

"Should I grab some more?" Hayes asks tossing another towel aside.

I shake my head. "No this should be good." I say pointing to the last few feet of water. He nods and continues along side me.

Once the waters all soaked up and the floor is clean, we toss the towels into the sink and walk out into the hall.

"Are you sure she's okay?" Hayes asks stopping me in midstep.

I nod. "Yeah. She's just stressed about whatever she was making. She'll be okay."

He sighs. "Good. Um if you don't mind me asking, why did you come over?" He asks.

"Oh! Um yeah. I need clothes for Skylynn. You're mom was so stressed out when she dropped her off she forgot to bring some. So I came by to grab some."

His face brightens a little bit from something off the subject of his mother. He smiles and nods. "I can get you some, Skylynn's clothes are in my room." He says then begins leading me toward the stairs.

Following behind him, we walk up the stairs and walk into the first room.

As we walk in, I realize this is the same room as mine just in a different condo.

Looking around, the bed is nicely made and few clothes lay on the floor. A computer and phone sit on the desk and a football and volleyball sit at the foot of the bed.

"Her stuff is in the bathroom, you can chill wherever." He says walking into the bathroom. I nod and slowly place myself on the edge of the bed.

I listen as Hayes shuffles around in the bathroom while I examine the room. Pretty typical, sports stuff, Magcon sweatshirts, movie tickets, and food wrappers on the floor, but it's still cleaner than a normal boy's room.

Hayes walks out with a small pile of clothes in his arms, mostly pink and purple items.

Sitting himself next to me on the bed, he holds the small pie of clothes out to me. I smile and take the clothes and place them in my lap.

I look up to see him staring at me. His bright blue eyes boreing into me in a way that could hyponotise a girl.

I want to do something. Either smile or just laugh, but I can't. It's like we're both stuck in the moment.

I watch as his eyes slowly drift downward, looking at my lips and I do the same. For a moment, we just stare. But I can feel both of us slowly leaning toward each other and I realize what's about to happen, not knowing if I should let it.

Our faces inches from each others, Hayes puts his hand on my arm and I almost freeze, but I feel as if my heart is melting.

He slowly pulls me toward him when music from "Talk Dirty to Me" begins playing on Hayes' phone.

A small laugh erupts from me. Hayes groans and reaches for his pocket. He pushes ignore and turns back to me.

Laughing, I lean my forehead against his and stare into his eyes. "Sorry." He whispers. I nod as if saying "it's fine."

I feel something poking my stomach and look down to see one of the buttons from Skylynn's clothes poking me.

I smile and lean away from Hayes. "I should go. All the girls are waiting on me and I've been gone like thirty minutes." I say standing.

Hayes eyes drop and I know he wants me to stay, but he nods.

"Okay. I'll talk to you later I guess."

I smile. "Okay."

Walking out of his room, I feel as if my heart is going to beat out of my chest. But I try and control myself as I walk down the stairs. As I shut the front door behind me, I run down the steps of the deck onto the sand and literally skip for a few steps before I begin jogging toward my condo.

Hayes was going to kiss me...

And I was going to kiss him...

___________________________

~How was that!?

~Haha I had fun writing this. I've been wanting them to have a "moment" from the beinning but I was trying to go slow.

~What did you think!

~Comment, Vote, Share, Etc!

~More Coming Soon!

| Natalie Richards |