Chapter Fifteen

-Hayes POV-

We all gather around the driveway when our cars pull up.

Me, Tessa, Matthew, Carter, and Madison get into the first car.

I sit in the middle row on the side seat. Matthew sits next to me and Carter in the back.

"What happened to the other seat?" Matt asks pointing to the spot in the back where another seat should be.

"Sorry I had to take it out earlier and I haven't had time to put it back, two of you'll have to share a seat." Our driver says turning back to look at all of us.

Madison sits in the seat next to Matt. She looks across the seats at me and smiles.

I smile back when my door opens.

I turn to see Tessa standing there.

I pat my lap. "Come here."

Tessa smiles and climbs onto my lap. I shut the door and help Tessa get comfortable on my lap.

Why aren't we dating?

I turn my gaze to see Carter smirking at me. He throws me a thumbs-up and I wink at him.

I turn back and rest my chin on Tessa's shoulder. She's so tiny she barely weighs anything.

We drive off down the driveway and hit the road toward the ice cream parlor in town.

******************

When we arrive, we all pile out and meet up around the front of the shop.

I help Tessa out when Madison bumps right into me.

"Oops! Sorry Hayes!" She says almost falling over. I grab her helping her up when I realize that I have my arms around her waist.

She smiles at me and I quickly let go.

"Sorry. You okay?" I ask Madison, trying to brush that moment away.

She smiles and goes behind my back.

"Yep! Carry me inside!" She says and jumps on my back.

I can't really say no so I let her wrap her legs around me and I run her into the shop. Laughing all the way to make it not so awkward.

Hopefully it's not affecting Tessa...

-Tessa's POV-

I watch Hayes and Madison run into the shop. Madison riding on his back.

I slow to a stop and try not to sigh.

"Tessa?" I hear behind me.

I turn around to see Matthew and Cameron standing there.

"Don't let that bother you. They were best friends before we started Magcon." Cameron says wrapping his arm around my shoulders and Matt does the same.

I nod.

"I know."

Matt smiles. "Come on! Before the fans notice us." He says before taking off toward the door.

We laugh and chase after him, Cameron beating me to the door easily.

We walk inside and Mahogany stands next to me in line.

"What kind are you gonna get?" I ask her.

She shrugs and doesn't answer. She looks at the ground and sighs.

Pulling her out of line, I sit her down and look her in the eye.

"What's wrong?"

She sighs and grabs her phone.

Mahogany-

Well, first. I'm not really great friends with Madison and I'm kinda mad that's she's here. I can see it that it's bothering you too. And I miss Jacob a lot...

I sigh and look up from my phone.

"We'll talk at home okay? Just be cool, at least she's not staying in your condo huh?" I whisper and get to join the line.

I get in line between Matt and Carter.

"Hey!" Carter says tapping my shoulder. "No cutties!"

I look at him as smirk. "Because of the fact you said "cutties" I'm not moving."

Mahogany and Matt laugh.

"She's right man." Matt says beginning to mess with Mahogany's hair.

Carter scoffs. "Fine!"

"By the way... Don't you still owe me money?" I ask.

Carter avoids eye contact and Cameron and Nash bust out laughing.

"Dude!!! You have to give her money now! Or you have to give her one hundred later!" Nash yells running over and fake punching Carter.

Carter laughs and looks at me.

"Listen. I don't have seventy bucks at the moment. So let me buy your ice cream then I can pay the rest later." He says pulling out his wallet.

I shrug. "That's fine. Hey it's our turn."

Matthew orders three scoops of Chocolate ice cream and me and Mahogany order Mint Chocolate. Carter pays for me and we join Taylor, Hayes, Madison, Cameron, and Sky and Elizabeth at our table.

It's silent as we all dig into our ice cream.

"I have an idea." I say sticking my spoon into the air.

"And what would that be?" Taylor asks sarcastically.

"We should ask if we can move some tables and Tweet out that the first hundred people that come here can come meet us."

It's silent.

"That sounds good to me." Nash says.

"I haven't met a lot of fans in awhile." Carter says stuffing another scoop into his mouth.

"I'll go ask the lady if we can do it." Matthew says getting up and walking over the counter.

We sit there and wait for him to come back.

"Guys! She said we can! Move the tables into a straight line and start Tweeting!" Matt says skipping back to our table.

Quickly, we get at least five tables lined up along the wall and set two or three chairs at each.

"I'm gonna tweet for you guys. Give me your phones." Madison says sitting down at one of the tables. We all hand her our phones and she opens Twitter on each one of our phones.

I go over to the counter and grab a cup full of black Sharpies and set one in each of everyone's spot.

"I finished tweeting. They should be here soon." Madison says passing our phones back out.

We all begin to pick our seats.

I sit toward the middle between Mahogany and Nash. Madison takes a seat next to Hayes and Carter. I watch for a moment and realize that Madison just completely ignores Carter.

I sigh and turn to Nash.

"Come here Sky. You can sit with me." Nash says picking up Sky and placing her on his lap.

I laugh. "You're so sweet to your sister. I wish I had siblings."

Nash smiles at me. "You may in the future." He says and winks at me.

I force a smile and look over at Hayes and Madison at the end of the table.

Nash follows my gaze and frowns.

"She is really attached to Hayes. Don't let that get to you."

I nod.

"I'm trying."

That's when the first group of girls run in the door.