Chapter Eleven

-Hayes POV-

Sprinting off the diving-board, I dived into the pool, making a little splash.

When I surfaced, all I could here was a girl's voice.

"Look out!" It said.

I turn to see Tessa in the air for a moment before dive-bombing into the pool next to me. The water engulfed me and I pulled myself under the water.

I floated up, half of my body out of the water when I realized Tessa hadn't surfaced.

I looked around beneath me when I saw her sitting at the bottom of the pool. Her bright hair swayed around her and she looked stunning in her bikini.

For a moment, she sat there. Then she slowly turned her head and looked at me through the water.

She smiled and pushed off the pool floor toward the top.

As she surfaced, she wiped the water from her face and smiled at me. "Sorry."

A look of confusion crosses my face.

"For what?"

She smiles. "Splashing you."

"Oh. Yeah it's fine. It was kinda funny." I say. She laughs and nods.

Mahogany laughs.

We both turn to see her holding up her phone. Obviously snapping a picture.

"Mahogany. Quit it." Tessa says sternly. And inside I thank her for it.

Mahogany smiles. "Okay! Okay. I won't. It's just so cute."

My cheeks burn.

Tessa smiles and turns to me. "Well who wouldn't think he's cute! I think he's very handsome." She says turning and wading to the side of the pool.

My cheeks burn and I smile.

Taylor, Matt, Nash, Cameron, and Carter finally come over and jump in the pool.

Carter tosses a multi-colored beach ball to Mahogany and jumps in next to Nash.

I stand there leaning against the edge of the pool when I get pulls underwater.

Quickly, I grasp at the person holding me under and struggle to push them away.

I finally reach the surface and gulp in a huge breath of air.

I turn to see Cameron laughing and coming up next to me. "Sorry man. I had to."

I nod sarcastically. "Thanks."

He smiles and dives back underwater.

I pull myself out of the water an sit on the edge while my breathing steadies.

I look over and watch Mahogany, Tessa, and Nash playing with the beach ball.

When the ball is tossed to Tessa, she pauses and examines it. She glances at something outside the pool then turns her attention to Nash.

"You know what we should do? Take the Volleyball net and strap it across the middle of the pool and play volleyball." She says tossing the ball to Carter.

Nash smiles.

"That is the best idea I've ever heard."

She smiles and pulls herself out of the pool.

She puts her hair into a messy bun and walks over and unravels the net.

Nash walks over and lifts the net over the pool.