Chapter Nine

-Tessa's POV-

I had now been here for a whole month and nothing had changed between me and Hayes. Just friends, as I always predicted.

But sadly, Jack and Jack had to leave for tour.

I remember hugging them goodbye. Jack J kissed my cheek as Jack G twirled me around and hugged me goodbye. They are the sweetest guys and I'm going to miss them a lot.

But right now I was sitting on my bed going through emails.

I got one from my mom, as expected. But decided to check later because I didn't feel like writing her.

But today I got an email I didn't expect. It was from my best friend Lacey.

Dear Tessa,

I'm so mad at you right now! How could you not tell me you were staying with Magcon boys!

I thought we were friends! You KNOW they mean a lot to me and you just threw it in my face on Twitter! How could you do that!

I'm so mad at you.

Don't expect me to be waiting for you when you get back. I hate you. I already told the others and they feel the same way. You're no longer my friend.

You suck.

From,

Lacey>:(

I sit back in my chair and almost burst out laughing.

Lacey had never been a true friend. Ever since she had found out I was "rich", she convinced me we were bestfriends. But believe me, I knew what she was up to.

I deleted Lacey from my contacts and shut my computer.

Once she finds out how little I care she'll be back.

I bounce on my bed and open Twitter.

Lately I have been getting a lot of hate because of me and Hayes, even though we're just friends. But no ones convinced.

I scroll through comments on a picture of me and Hayes that Hayes posted the other day on the beach.

@Kayli_47

Tayes is coming! I can feel it!

@Lileeee__

Ditch Tessa Hayes! You could do so much better!

@Diana274

This couple makes me sick. #GetridofTessa

I clicked on the hashtag and realized that it was almost trending.

I threw my phone to the side and layed back. I normally was good at not letting stuff getting to me, but it was getting worse.

I opened my phone and texted Mahogany.

-Why do people have to hate me?

I sent it to her and in minutes she was there in my room next to me.

"Listen. It's hard I know. But trust me, it'll get better." She says sitting next to me.

I sigh and nod.

"But me and Hayes have nothing! But all this hate is killing me. I wanna go cry." I say falling onto my bed and stuffing my face into my pillow.

She pats my back and pulls me into a hug.

"Listen to me. Just ignore it. Get off Twitter for awhile and you'll do better. I promise."

I moan and lay back down.