Chapter Thirty-Five

-Hayes POV-

I woke to the sound of my ringing phone. 

Propping myself up on my right elbow, I look at the screen to see "Tessa" displayed on the top, but below were a lot of messages I couldn't quite make out. 

Grabbing the phone, I swipe through the messages, realizing how many there were. Thats when the worry came. 

Each one from Tessa, most of them reading,

6:22am Tessa-

-Hayes are you there? This is important. 

6:34am Tessa-

-Hayes please oh my goodness this is terrible. 

6:38am Tessa- 

-Hayes?! Please wake up! Oh god please Hayes! 

Not bothering to look through anymore, I swipe the green "Answer" and quickly hold the phone up to my ear. Only to her worried voice on the other side. 

"Hayes?" 

"Babe, whats wrong?" I ask, frantically pulling myself off my bed and heading for my door. Not realizing that I'm only in shorts. 

"Hayes I... I..." She stutters, her voice even more worried then before. 

"Tessa, what's wrong?" I ask sternly as I lean against my doorway, hoping she answers.

"I... I don't... I don't know Hayes!" She exclaims half startling him. "Please Hayes just please!" She says, he can hear the strain in her voice, as if she's going to cry. 

"Stay where you are, I'm coming." I say walking out of my room and heading for the stairs. 

When I reach them, I begin jogging down them. 

"Hayes?" She asks. 

"Yeah?" 

She pauses. 

"I'm leaving in two weeks." 

Tripping over my foot, I fall surprisingly onto my butt and begin bumping all the way down the stairs, my tailbone hurting with each and eveery bump. 

Finally coming to a stop at the bottom, I slide myself onto the cold hardwood and lay there for a moment, when I realize I don't have my phone. 

Looking around, I notice it a few feet from my hands, surprisingly not cracked. Reaching for it, I snatch it from it's place on the floor and quickly pull it to my ear. Not bothering to get up since my butt hurts. 

"Tessa!" I exclaim into the phone as she bursts out laughing on the other end. "Don't ever do that again!" 

She laughs for awhile on the other end. So I just lay there on the ground listening to her. 

Once she finishes, she inhales deeply before speaking. "I'm so sorry! I just had to!" She says before laughing again. 

I smile. "Stop laughing, I just got hurt!" 

She stops laughing and smirks instead. "Oh yeah. did you just fall down the stairs? Because that's what it sounds like when I fall done them." 

I smirk and nod. But realize that she can't see me after a few seconds. "Yes, and now my butt hurts and it's all your fault." 

"Well you shouldn't have tripped then. You're so clumsy." She says sarcastically. 

I sigh. "I know, but think, how do you think I fell for you so easily?" I ask. 

Nice one. I think to myself. 

She doesn't say anything for a moment. 

She's probably smiling. I hope anyway. 

"Oh and one other thing." She says, not responding to my little comment. 

"What's up?" 

"Did you call me babe before you fell? You know, I'm pretty old and don't remember." She smirks. 

Confusion crosses my face for a moment before realizing, oh yeah, I did. 

"Did I? I might have. But you never know." 

Silence. 

"I did. And you know why?" I ask. 

"Why?" She asks, her voice sounding the way when she smiles and looks at the sky at the same time. 

I love that. 

"Because you are my babe. And I wouldn't trade you for anything." 

"Anything? You've known me for only two and a half months, and been dating me for less than twenty-four hours. Are you sure?" She asks. 

I sit up. Taking a moment to sit myself correctly before answering. "It takes one second to fall in love you know? I've had two and half months. That means I've fell in love with you..... alot of times." 

She laughs histarically. "You're so cheesy. And stink at math, just so you know." 

I open my mouth to say something but she interrupts me. 

"Now leave me alone. I'm trying to read "The Scorch Trials"." She snarks sarcastically. 

I smile. "Well are you going to come out of your reading cave at all today? I was thinking about going swimming, or doing what everyone wants to do." 

"Umm. I'm gonna read a few chapters then be done. But it's important, Brenda's flirting with Thomas and I'm not happy. He needs to be with Teresa! They're perfect for each other! Then Brenda meets Thomas and five minutes later she's hugging all weirdly! I mean-" 

"Tessa? I ask, stopping her before she trails off even farther. 

"What?" 

"Keep your other fictional life to yourself. And quit cheating on me with fictional characters!" 

She smirks. "I don't know Hayes, they're pretty hot in my mind." 

"Whatever. I'll see you outside later okay?" 

"Okay! Okay! Now leave me alone!" She exclaims before hanging up the phone. 

I lay my phone down and smirk up at the ceiling. 

"Who did I just start dating?" I ask it, even though I know it'll never reply. 

______________________________

Sorry for being inactive! Just been busy! 

But now I have more time to type and definitley will continue! 

It's finally get INTERESTING!! 

LOVE ALL YOU GUYS AND I FINALLY REACHED 10K A FEW DAYS AGO AND I'M JUST LIKE :D

NEW CHAPTER SOON! LOVE YOU GUYS! 

| Natalie Richards |