Chapter Twenty

-Tessa's POV-

Crashing down onto my bed with my pajamas lazily put on, a loud sigh escapes my lips.

Why do I have to be so sensitive?

The moment that I had turned away from Hayes I regretted it.

We both like each other. It's obvious.

But it's been ruined by something that shouldn't even matter.

But it does. To me anyway.

I swear at some moments I want to just kiss him. But it wouldn't feel right after knowing how awkward our situation is.

Sitting up, I open up Twitter and scroll through the most recent tweets.

A picture of Nash and Skylynn standing in the shallow pool appears. Nash smiles down at Skylynn who hangs at his hips.

Smiling, I like the picture and decide to go through my Notifications.

As always, mostly hate but some fan accounts and support.

Grinning, I flip through some fan accounts and like and retweet a few nice things.

I begin slowly sing the chorus of "2 On" while I flip through more tweets.

I hear my door creaking open and lift my head to see Madison standing in my doorway.

She wears long black leggings and a tight white tang top covered with a grey sweater.

I smile. "Hey."

A small smile flashes across her face.

"Hey. I was gonna walk downstairs to grab food when I heard you singing." She says leaning against the door handle.

I can feel my ears beginning to burn. "Oh. Really? He... he..." I begin.

I never let people hear me sing.

She smiles. "You're voice is really pretty. You should totally do a cover with Shawn or something."

I smile but shake my head. "Yeah, I don't know. I don't really sing in front of people."

She smirks. "Well you should, because it's beautiful."

I smile at her.

Pushing myself to another side of the bed, I pat the bedding and smile at her. "Wanna sit?" I ask.

She nods. "Sure."

Plopping down next to me on the bed, she gets comfortable next to me and takes out her phone and flips to Twitter. "What's your Twitter?" I ask going to the Twitter search bar.

She looks at me. "Here. Let me type it in." She says replacing my phone with hers. I smile and begin typing in my username.

"There you go!" She says passing me my phone back.

"And there you are!" I say as I lay her phone in her palm.

We sit there for about five minutes going through each other's profile. Madison has a lot of posts about her life and how much she loes her fans. Pretty normal.

I hear a small smirk escape Madison's lips.

Turning to her, I furrow my brow. "What?"

She smirks louder with out looking at me. "So you and Hayes have a little romance going on?" She asks looking down at the first picture of me and Hayes in the car together on the way to Six Flags.

I smile and lean back. "No. Not at the moment, we're just friends."

She sits up and stares at me. "That's not what it looks like."