Chapter Thirty

-Hayes' POV-

Tessa stares at the fire, her eyes glowing from the flames and her bright blonde hair shining like a golden bell. With her head laid against the back of the chair, she slowly rocks back and forth with her feet.

Tossing my muffin scraps in the garbage next to me, I stand as Tessa turns and looks at me.

"Full?" I ask noticing that all of her muffin is gone.

Collecting her trash, she walks next to me and let's them slide into the garbage. She nods to me. "Yep. You ready?" She asks.

"Yeah. It's six thirty right now, would you like to just walk around for a bit?" I say as we reach the door. Holding it opening, she walks past me into the warm air.

She deeply inhales. "Sure. It's really nice out."

We continue down the block and I watch as Tessa stops every now and then and peers into the windows of different shops, most of them not open.

Should I?

"Whoa. Look at that." She says, stopping to look in another window.

Coming to her side, she stares at a silver necklace with a crystal rose hanging from it. It looks really expensive.

"It looks just like my grandma's." She whispers before glancing at me. "She gave it to my mom but my mom lost it a few years after my grandma died. I always loved it."

Oh?

"It looks really nice. Do you want to get it?" I ask even though I know it's closed.

She smiles but shakes her head no. "No it's okay, it's really expensive, and it's closed." She says motioning to the "Closed" sign.

She may not like it... but maybe...

"Well we can come back later for it." I suggest.

"No it's okay. Let's just walk around. I wanna see the town before we go over to the boardwalk." She says pushing away from the window and walking past me.

"Ok that's fine." I say following her until I catch up.

Just do it man.

"So where should we go?" She asks looking up at the tall skyscrapers ahead.

Smiling, I reach down and take her hand, not looking at her reaction. But I can see her out of the corner of my eye. She freezes for what seems like a millisecond before looking down at our entwined hands. I look at her as her eyes meet mine. Her eyes hide the joy that's swirling behind them.

I grin. "I know a few places."

She smiles before I look away, leading her off down the street, a full day ahead of us.

____________________

~This is SUPER short I know but seriously the next two chapters are IMPORTANT!!! ^_^

~And I know I haven't been active so I'm gonna try to be on more.

~Next chapter comes soon!

| Natalie Richards |