46

"How much longer?" I groan into the phone. Matty chuckles on the other end, and I smile at the house of his laugh.

"Like a week or so. I think we found a different building." He tells me.

"Wait, what? What happened to the one that you guys found earlier?" I look over and see Megan laying on her couch, focused on her phone screen. We have been like this for hours while Phoebe is at her friend's house. But I don't really mind the silence. Matty is on speaker, and Megan chuckles every now and then at the conversation that she hears.

"Well, We don't really know if that's the one that we want to go with now. I just think that maybe this new building will be a better location. Yeah, the traffic is a little bit worse just because it is smack in the middle of downtown, but I think it might do a lot better than before. It would be easier to get people to work in this office, and everyone will see it. It is a super tall building, and it's beautiful." He says, gushing about his new potential building.

"Okay, but isn't the entire point of you guys staying out there for two more weeks because you had to close on the first building? What happened to that? I mean, doesn't that make the rest of this trip pointless?" I ask, truly confused by the entire thing.

"Well, kind of in a way. But, Frailey is also looking for a house. But, he doesn't like anything that we have looked at so far. Well, out of the houses. He really wants to rent this loft in town. It's really nice, too. It's just a one bedroom loft in the middle of the city. It is very industrial looking on the inside. It's more of a studio apartment, and has a nice concrete floor and new appliances. I think it would be perfect for him and Megan."

Megan looks over and cocks an eyebrow, now interested in the conversation.

"Do you really think so?" I ask, now very unsure.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't it?"

She looks at me like it's the most obvious thing in the entire world, and I now know why she is so upset. "Well...I know that Megan wants to have kids pretty soon, and a studio apartment isn't exactly the place to do that." I say cautiously.

"Well, that's not good. Frailey already signed a year long lease." Matty replies nonchalantly.

"He did what?!" Megan yelled, jumping up from the couch.

"Are you with Megan right now?" Matty asks slowly.

"Uhm...yeah. You're kind of on speaker right now." I say in reply.

Megan walks over and grabs the phone from me and begins to yell at Matty, "He did what, again? Please tell me that you are kidding and that he didn't actually sign a year long lease on a studio apartment." She pleads.

"I think you need to talk to him about all of this. Like, now." Matty tells her calmly.

Megan hands me my phone back and begins to dial what I am assuming is Kyler's number.

"Kyler! You better tell me right now that you did not just sign a year long lease on a fucking studio apartment!" We hear her yell into the phone as she walks down the hall and slams her bedroom door shut.

"I'm sorry. I always have you on speaker." I groan.

"Hey, it's fine. She was going to find out anyways. I just assumed that they had...I don't know. Maybe talked about it even a little bit before signing for it? Meg is going to be pissed." Matty says. "I really do think she would like it if she just gave it the chance, though."

"I don't think so. Well, not now. Not this way." I say.

"Hey, you never know." He laughs slightly.