50

"He's an asshole. I hate him." Megan huffs, unpacking all of the new clothes out and setting them neatly onto the bed.

"You don't hate him." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Well, at this moment...I really do." She replies.

"Okay, but you're only so upset with him because you do love him." I point out. She rolls her eyes at me, knowing that I am right.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." She says with a little laugh. "I'm just scared we won't be able to fix it. I swear, he better be in Seattle right now telling them that we don't want that stupid loft. Otherwise, I swear I will-" She is cut off by the doorbell ringing. "Of course. Probably another one of those kids selling cookie dough or something. I don't need any more! I already have plenty coming in any day now." She laughs.

She walks into the living room and opens the door. I follow behind her, curious as to who it might be.

"What the fuck?" She exclaims, opening the door wider to reveal Matty and Kyler standing there.

"Hi..." Kyler says. "Holy fuck, your hair!" He exclaims, quickly coming into the house. Matty is standing next to him, concern written on his face. I have just about the same reaction. I am so fucking happy and surprised to see him here right now, but we are both curious as to how this event will play out.

"What the hell happened to your faces?" She exclaims, eyes going wide. When Matty steps in fully, I can see the dark discoloration taking over his eyes and cheek. Kyler is the same way.

"Don't mind that. What happened to your hair? You cut it! Who are you and what have you done with my wife?" He asks with a laugh. Megan huffs loudly and smacks Kyler's hand away which was currently touching the short strands. "Hey, I'm kidding! You know I'm kidding, baby. It looks adorable. I love it. Fuck, you must be really pissed off at me if you're going to go and cut off your dreadlocks." He laughs lightly.

"Get out." Megan says, pointing towards the door.

"No!" Kyler says.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" Megan asks again, annoyed but concerned at the same time.

"We got jumped trying to get over here. I risked my life to get here.They tried to take my plane ticket over here, so I kicked their ass." He says.

She stood in front of him and crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow. "You guys got pissed at each other, didn't you?" She asks.

"Yeah, basically." Kyler laughs lightly. Megan doesn't laugh at his joke, not looking phased by the entire thing.

"Meg...can we talk?" Kyler asks softly.

"No." She snaps, walking to the couch and sitting down with a plop.

"Okay, you don't have to talk. But, I am. I have some things that I have to say." He snaps back, and goes to stand in front of her. "And, you are going to listen to them."

"Fine, what is it?" She asks, rolling her eyes.

Kyler turns around and looks back at Matty. Matty uses his hands to gesture for him to continue. He takes a deep breath and pulls a napkin out of his pocket. "Okay, well...I wrote all of it down. First, I want to get you a new car. Something that isn't going to break down after going twelve miles down the road. Second, I want to get a bigger house. Something that is modern and has new appliances. I want a big backyard, a pool, and you know what...I want a dog, too."

"Since when have you wanted a dog?" Megan scoffs.

"Since when have you wanted a baby?" He fires back.