Chapter 14

You rubbed your eyes sleepily as you trudged up the stairs, towards Hiccup's room. You were intending to thank him for the previous night. You had found yourself fully enjoying yourself for the first time since the war ended, and for that you were grateful. Knocking on his door, you took a step back, allowing enough space for Hiccup to open the big wooden door to his bedroom. A few seconds passed in silence before Hiccup answered the door. He stood before you, his hair sticking up in places, and his eyes drooping. You took one look at him, and fell, rolling on the floor with laughter.
        "What's so funny?" he grumbled.
        "Your face!" you gasped between fits. He glared at you.
        "What do you want?" Finally regaining your composure, you stood up, wiping your eyes.
        "I just wanted to thank you for last night," He nodded.
        "No problem,"
        "And another thank you," you said, smiling.
        "What?"
        "For making my day with that hilarious state your in," you told him, holding in another fit of giggles. He rolled his eyes, slamming the door in your face. You broke out in laughter again, walking away.
        Hiccup smiled slightly to himself. That was the first time he'd seen you smile in the last month or so. 

        Hiccup's Point Of View  

        I haven't seen Astrid since the night of the fair, and I've started to worry a bit. Is she trying to avoid me? She was acting a bit weird a few nights ago when she asked me if I loved her. After a bit of debating, I made up my mind to go look for her. I first went to her room, deciding she wasn't there after knocking repeatedly on her door. After searching for what seemed like hours, I spotted her in the courtyard, chatting with (Y/N) of all people! (Y/N) had a worried expression, and was nodding as Astrid talked. When I caught her eye, she tapped Astrid on the shoulder. Astrid spun around, looking until her eyes rested on me. (Y/N) said something else to her, before she got up and made her way slowly over to me.
        "Hey Astrid," I greeted, raising my hand.
        "Hey Hiccup," She sounded kind of sad.
        "Astrid, is something wrong?" I asked, genuinely beginning to worry. She opened her mouth as if to speak, then closed it. She shook her head.
        "I'm fine Hiccup, just tired I guess." I nodded, still not entirely convinced.
        "Oh, I've been meaning to ask you why you didn't want to go to the fair last night?" She sighed.
        "I didn't feel well last night, so I stayed in bed,"
        "Ok, I hope your feeling better?"
        "Yes, I feel a lot better, thank you," I nodded.
        "Well, I should get going. I promised my dragon I'd take her flying today. See ya!" and with that, she ran off.
        "Well, that was strange," I muttered to myself.
        "Hey! Hiccup!" I heard (Y/N) calling. I jogged over to her. She was wearing a cute little yellow dress.
        "(Y/N), when did you start getting so into dresses?" I asked her, amusement tinting my question. She glared daggers at me.
        "My dad made me wear it," she muttered, blushing.
        "Well, your dad certainly has good taste!" She smacked me. I flinched away. Dang she's strong. "So what were you and Astrid talking about?" I asked her, secretly dyeing to know.
        "Well, Hiccup, that's for me to know and you to find out!" I glared at her. She was obviously enjoying this.
        "Fine," I said, trying to sound like I didn't care in the least.
        "Hey Hiccup, do you know what tomorrow is?" she asked, poking me. I thought for a moment.
        "No,"
        "I'm disappointed in you Hiccup!" she said, patting her chest in overdramatic hurt. I rolled my eyes.
        "Well? What is it?" I asked, getting impatient.
        "You should know, tomorrow's my birthday," My eyes widened.
        "I completely forgot (Y/N)!"
        "Yeah, my dad's going all out, throwing me a party and everything,"
        "Well, happy birthday," I told her, mentally slapping myself for forgetting my best friend's birthday. What lame excuse for a friend am I?