Chapter 28

"Father?" Hiccup whispered, releasing your hand, and walking over to him. You covered your mouth, choking back a sob. Hiccup knelt beside his father, taking his large hand in his small one. "I'm sorry Dad," his shoulders began to shake violently, and he collapsed. You ran over to Hiccup, kneeling next to him, rubbing his back soothingly.

        "It'll be okay Hiccup," Hiccup sat up, wiping his eyes and turned to you, giving you a small smile.

        "Thanks (Y/N)..." You got up, helping a shaky Hiccup to his feet. "I'm sorry,"

                                                .                                                              .                                                .

        You stood, hand in hand with Hiccup as you watched the flaming boat disappear into the fog. Hiccup raised one final arrow, launching it into the air. It illuminated the dark sky, landing in the middle of the stack of wood build around Stoick's body. The fire blazed, and you huddled closer to Hiccup, hiding from the bitter winds that slashed at you mercilessly. Hiccup wrapped an arm around your waist, pulling you closer to him.

        "Hiccup... I'm so sorry," you whispered into his chest. Hiccup grasped your chin gently, lifting it up so you were looking him straight in the eye.

        "I'll be okay (Y/N)..." You smiled, leaning closer until you could feel his breath on your lips. Just as he was about to close the small gap between you, you turned your head, so his lips hit your cheek. He leaned back, raising an eyebrow. You giggled, resting your head on his shoulder. 

        Val came up behind you, her tear-stained face trained on the boat sinking into the blackness.

        "Val I-"

        "They're heading to Berk," she said quietly. 

        "What?" You backed away. 

        "They're heading for Berk!" She exclaimed, spinning around. "We have to stop them!" 

        "Right!" Hiccup started, "we have to go after them!" 

        "Okay!" You ran to (D/N), who had stayed towards the back during the attack, spraying water on the enemy. "It's alright girl (or boy)." You stroked her snout, and mounted, gripping the reigns with both hands. "Let's go!"

        (D/N) rose into the air, beating her powerful wings. Hiccup appeared next to you on Toothless. Nodding once, he took off with you following behind. Let's save Berk!

 Let me just say, I'm writing this on my phone, so I have no idea how long it is (so I apologize if it's a bit short)