Chapter 6

Dan engulfed you in a bone crushing hug. You enthusiastically hugged him back, your face turning slightly red. You were the first to pull back.
        "How did you get here?" you asked him. You and Dan had been best friends back at your old home, and you were pretty sure you would never get to see him again.
        "My father got a job on Berk, so my family moved here together," he told you. He pulled you in for another hug. "You look as beautiful as ever (Y/N)," he said, stroking your hair. You blushed harder. A whistle sounded, and you broke apart.
        "Ok everyone!" Hiccup called. "Let's get started!"

                            .                                                                                        .                                                                                      .

        You had to admit, class was pretty fun. You and Dan teamed up for everything, and enjoyed yourselves. You were just finishing up for the day, untying your Scaldren, and fixing her saddle. You heard a quiet huff behind you. You turned to see Astrid glaring at you.
        "What do you want Astrid," you said dryly. She smiled slightly.
        "I just wanted to warn you," she started, "to stay away from my Hiccup," I held back a laugh.
        "YOUR Hiccup huh?" I asked. She nodded. "Astrid, Hiccup is my friend, and you can't say anything that will ever change that." You could tell you hit a nerve, and barely dodged the punch she threw at you. She came at you hard, throwing punch after punch. You dodged every one.
        "Come on you little wimp! Fight back!" She asked for it. The sound was ear splitting. You had hit her square in the face as hard as you could muster. She stumbled back, holding her now bloody nose, in shock. All eyes were on you. Hiccup came running over to Astrid, and helped her to her feet.
        "What the heck was that for (Y/N)!" he yelled at you. You opened your mouth to explain, then closed it again. No one would believe you. Hiccup just shook his head, and lead Astrid away. Tears threatened to spill over, and you tried in vain to blink them away. Turning, you jumped on (D/N), and flew out of the now empty arena as fast as you could. Landing blindly, you slid off of your Scaldren and sat down. You had landed by a little pond. You cried for what seemed like hours until you heard a slight rustle. A minute later, a figure sat down next to you, and pulled you onto their lap. You looked up to see Dan's handsome face smiling down on you. You buried your face deeper into his chest and sighed. After a while, Dan pulled back, wiping your tearstained face. He chuckled softly.
        "You know, you're even beautiful when you're crying." You smiled, looking up at him.
        "I was provoked," Your voice was shaky after crying.
        "Of course you were," you looked up at him.
        "You really believe me?" you asked hopefully.
        "I believe you are an honest, kind, beautiful girl who wouldn't hurt a fly unless she had to," You were overcome with joy at that moment.
        "Thanks Dan," you breathed.
        "(Y/N), there's something I need to tell you. You faced him. "I should have told you before you left, but I was too scared, and I have regretted that eve since. He took a deep breath. "I'm in love with you (Y/N)." Your eyes widened in surprise, and you blushed uncontrollably.
        "Dan, I don't know what to say..." He smiled sadly.
        "I know you don't feel the same way. I-" you cut him off by smashing your lips onto his. Your face was beet red, and Dan's face was dusted pink. You pulled apart, smiling like crazy. Dan caressed your cheek.
        "(Y/N), I love you with all my heart, and I always will." You tackled him to the ground in a hug, which he gladly returned. 
        "I love you too,"

        Uh-oh! Looks like (Y/N) is falling for her handsome childhood friend. And Hiccup is mad at (Y/N). Will (Y/N) choose to stay with Dan, or will she forgive Hiccup?