14

"Hey Rachel. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but there's no possible explanation for what the hell is happening with my dad-" Matt was interrupted by Rachel's sudden hug. "Shut up." She mumbled, holding onto his brown sweater tightly. Matt blushed a tint of pink, stepping back. "I'm more than happy to help, Matt. You know me." She brushed past him. Matt gulped, his heart rate abruptly spiked up.

"Where are the others?" Rachel asked, wandering up the steps. "They're just in the—um- mom's room." Matt fumbled with his words. Rachel spotted the tiny girl with round glasses, the boy with a jacket similar to her's, and a boy with a fond smile on his face.
"Lance, why didn't you call me before? What time did you get here?" Rachel crowded with questions.

"First of all, I didn't call you before because we had no idea what was going on. We got here at around five-six-ish." Lance shrugged. "At least he's only burning things now." Pidge dully frowned. She could just smell the flames from the bedroom. "So, he's been doing this for awhile, I assume. I'm just going based off what Matt told me, he was doing this since you guys got here-which was about four or three hours ago." Rachel sighed, pulling Pidge in for a embrace.

"You. You are one strong little girl." Rachel honored. Pidge only smiled at the compliment.
"Now, you guys stay up here. Matt and I will peek at what's going on from the back door." Rachel brightly beamed, lightening the mood.
The three nodded, exchanging unsure looks.
"I hope that this will all work out by time tomorrow." Pidge sniffled.

...

Rachel slid open the back door, now seeing through the mesh one. Sam was sitting on the ground, adding more wood into this fire pit, then burning things like posters, books, and other valued items. "Do you think he's just making a campfire?" Rachel joked, getting a blank expression from her partner in crime.

"Right. It doesn't seem like he's leaving any time soon, so this could be a camp-out." Rachel turned to Matt. "If that's okay..." She then mumbled. "It's fine," Matt shrugged. "We're going to have to send Lance and Hunk home before midnight." Rachel reminded.
"It's going to take that long?" Matt's shoulders fell. "It looks that way. Look at all the trash he has to burn." Rachel whispered, showing Matt the pile in the further left of the backyard.

Sam apparently heard somebody's murmur, being he was now getting up, approaching the back door. "Okay, we have to hide. We don't want him knowing that we're here." Rachel ordered. The bathroom was conveniently right next to them, and they dashed in. The footsteps could be heard from inside the restroom, then the sliding of the mesh door.

"You sure are bossy, you know." Matt whispered, trying to contain his giggles.
"I know, I hear that all the time. But I'm the one making the right decisions." She winked.
Matt scoffed, "Yeah, right.".

...

"We should see what's taking them so long." Hunk worried with his troubled mind.
"They're probably just taking notes or something." Lance tweaked at the comment.
"No, they can't be, unless they're taking mental notes. They didn't bring their phones, and they didn't have any paper with them, nor a pen." Pidge disapproved. Sounds of aggravated footsteps—or maybe even stomps— hit the carpeted steps. Pidge bolted for the door, locking it soon.

"What If that's Rachel and Matt?" Hunk implied. "It can't be, they wouldn't be stomping up the steps slowly." Pidge replied in a hushed tone. Lance sat up, realizing something.
"If he's coming upstairs then he's heading for this room-" the knob was turning uncontrollably. "Shit. Jump out the window!" Pidge hurried. Hunk's eyes widened. "I'm not jumping out of a window!" He exclaimed quietly.

Lance was already on his way out. "AHH!" He yelled, falling down the room's balcony. A loud bang, followed by a groan was heard. "Oh." Pidge cringed. "Hunk." Pidge gave him the puppy dog eyes. "Do you want to get murdered?" She reasonably asked. The turning on the knob now stopped, and Pidge figured her father went to get the key. Lance was waiting for Hunk in the side yard, still in pain from the rough fall. "Come on, it's not that high. Just jump." Lance rushed, rubbing his head. "You just fell down!" Hunk screeched.

Hunk finally sighed, cursing under his breath. The footsteps from the other end of the hallway were getting louder. "You know what? Hunk, just hide in the closet." Pidge pushed. Hunk crouched into the tight fitted closet, squeezing his eyes shut. Pidge jumped onto the bed as soon as the door began to open. Hunk sighed, praying that Sam wouldn't get too mad. Meanwhile, Lance just hid on the side wall of his house, peeping over the balcony.

Matt and Rachel waited in the bathroom patiently, not taking any chances. "So," Rachel awkwardly approached. "So. . ." Matt delayed.
"So, are you okay?" Rachel sounded genuinely concerned. Matt scoffed at the question.
"I don't know, actually." He swallowed.
"If you ever need to talk, just for talking. . . I'm just a house away, literally." Rachel smiled. They both chuckled, smiling at each other.

"I-I know. But, would you actually want to listen? Or-or are you just saying that because it's a stereotypical thing to say when a 'friend' or relative is having—issues?" Matt was just being veritable. Anybody who knew Matthew Holt knew that he was a big hater of stereotypes. "No. In reality, I want to listen. I want to help. I want to help you, Matt." Rachel turned away from some feeling of utter embarrassment. Matt's mouth opened, just to be closed again. He blushed a shade of red, and with that, he knew.

Matt knew he liked Rachel.
...

"Katie." Sam sighed upon seeing his 'sleeping' daughter lay on her mother's bed. He shook his head, grabbing a picture frame nearby. "Such a damn shame!" He yelled under his breath, making Pidge jump. Luckily, he didn't catch a glimpse. Hunk peeled through the shades of the closet, seeing that Mr.Holt was now grabbing things like pictures, perfumes, and old bags. A tear fell from Pidge's eye, her silent crying was infuriating to watch. At least for Hunk.

Sam strutted put the room angrily.
Pidge gasped shallowly. Hunk practically flied out the closet door, pushing the door in, and locking it. He went straight for Pidge's little figure. "Hey!" Lance called from down below, hearing the door shut. He decided after not getting a response, to just wait out front of his house.

"Are you Alright, Pidge?" Hunk asked, shielding the girl with his big-teddy-bear arms.
She shook her head, gasping for air between her low sobs. "Honestly. . . No." She cried.

"I'm here. Everything will be okay." Hunk shushed.

// Poor Lance, left outside by himself >.< anywho, I wanted to publish this yesterday, but I had to study for a history test [insert sad face] anyways, love all of you. Have a good day! Kisses, Rena <3 //