Chapter 02

"Where are you heading to?" Salvatore questions his daughter as she steps towards the door.

"Out for a while" she replies, and he sighs putting the paper he was reading aside.

"You cannot" his words make her turn around to face him.

"Why not?"

"If you have forgotten you are engaged now and you roaming out..."

"What is this a medieval time? And I always take someone along with me"

"No more, if you have to go somewhere it will only be with your fiancé" her father speaks, and she stares at him in disbelief.

"You cannot do this to me, now I cannot even go out of my own house" she asks, and he stands up.

"Whatever you need, you will get it in the house Flo"

"I need a break, I need fresh air I...please dad" she sighs pleading with him.

"This is for your own good sweetheart, do not fight on this with me" he states as he stands in front of her and holds her arms.

"I do not want to get married to that man or even a second with him" she pleads.

"Don't let me down Flora, you are my only child I have many expectations from you. This family do not have any heir after me, no one to carry out the bloodline...

All of this, everything that has the tag of Salvatore will go to the child that you conceive with Lucero. I am sorry sweetheart, but you were born in the wrong family where your needs and emotions will never come first...

My ancestors along with I, we did not build this empire to let it go to waste and if we all stopped thinking about every feeling that came on our way we would not be standing where we are today...

Just be glad you have air to breath" he smiles as he walks away while she stands on the doorway with a defeated look on her face.

*******

"Excuse me" someone voices from behind Flora so she turns to face the man.

"Your father has been looking for you, miss" the waiter informs and Flora sighs as she turns to face the dark night as she replies.

"Just tell him I am breathing" she mumbles, and the man does not budge.

"He wants you to know your fiancé is here" the man adds, and she groans.

"Then tell both of them to stop breathing" she shouts at the man before feeling bad as he should not be the one dealing with her bad mood.

"Sorry, just tell them I am being pretty for the man" she apologizes, and the man nods before leaving her alone.

Flora puts her shoes back on as she steps inside of the room where the party was on going and she did not even know what it was about.

Her father waves her way, so she walks towards where he was, he smiles as he wraps his arm around her shoulder and she nods at her future father-in-law, who compliments her, but she zones out.

"Why don't you and Leon go dance or just hang out?" her father suggests, and she stares at him without any emotions.

"I am fine"

"But I thought you have wanted to go out to spend the day looking around, perhaps Leon can take you for some sightseeing?" her father speaks.

"I have seen everything we have in the city dad"

"I am sure you have honey, but sometimes a view can feel and be different when you are with someone" he points, and she stares at Leon who stands quietly.