Chapter 22

Flora jumps and lies down on the bed as the maids leave the room after cleaning it up for her, she turns aside in deep thought as she thinks on the things that went past in the matter of few weeks.

She had broken down two times in Lucero's arms and the man had handled her in such an unexpected way that she wonders about it. She would have enjoyed the fact that they shared a bed if it was not for Lance and his sneaky ways.

A thought crosses her head that makes her sit up at once before she makes her way towards Lucero's office where she knows he was still working. This time she knocks the door just in case his twin is inside with him.

"Come in" his voice makes her take a deep breath as she opens the door and walks in.

"You" Lucero frowns and Flora halts wondering if he was waiting on, on someone else.

"Uh, were you..." she does not get to finish it as the door opens and a girl enters the room and Flora head snaps at him with accusation filled eyes.

"Master" the girl calls as she glances from Flora to Lucero.

"Put it on the table, I will call if I need anything" he speaks.

"No, no. Stay, it seems I ruined your plan. Just stay, I will go" Flora smiles as she turns to leave the room.

"What are you waiting for?" Lucero asks the girl who jumps a bit as she turns and leaves the room before she walks back in with the tray with food and drinks for him.

"You may leave" Lucero asks once she puts the tray on the table and closes the door on her way out.

"You did not have your dinner yet?" Flora asks as she stares at the food.

"You were leaving" he replies, and she narrows her eyes at him.

"Well the food stopped me, cannot ignore such a desirable beast of a feast" she replies making her way to the tray and opening the leads of the contents as she ignores his chuckle.

*******

Flora puts the items on the plate and without another word starts to eat his dinner and Lucero chuckles as he gets up from the table and grabs the drink he asked to be brought.

"Tough day?" Flora asks watching him pour the drink.

"What makes you think so?" he asks raising a brow as he goes to stand in front of his desk, with a drink in his hand and folding his legs.

"Dad used to drink it when he had one"

"Not every man does that" he replies, and she nods her head as she continues to eat.

"Skipped a meal?"

"Yeah, in running behind the kids and feeling miserable for myself, no wonder I felt like I was missing something"

"Kids?" he frowns, and Flora pauses mid-spoon.

"Of course, they had their dinner"

"Okay, don't be too miserable and eat your food in time" he states as he sips on his drink and Flora rolls her eyes.

"Are you not even going to ask me why I am so miserable?" she asks him and Lucero frowns.

"I am sure it has something to do with me" he speaks putting the glass down.

"Yet you do nothing"

"Three years, three years you made no move and did not even want me to and now, why?" he asks as he stares at her and Flora stands up with the plate making her way towards him.

"Because for the past three years, you and everyone made me believe I was not worthy. Worthy enough for you to walk out of any relation you had with any woman even if we were engaged longer than this" she states as she hands him the plate before picking up the fork and putting it in front of his mouth.