Chapter 40

"What do you mean you are pregnant?" Flora whispers as she stares at Jessica in shock.

"Are you going to sign those cheques or not?" Jessica ignores Flora as she stares Lucero who puts his fork down before getting up from his seat.

"We need to talk" Lucero states but Jessica refuses.

"We don't. All you have to do is sign those cheques and we are done" she states before eyeing Flora who stands beside her husband.

"You do know that man is the same age as your father?" Flora asks Jessica who narrows her eyes.

"I will be sure to call him daddy next time" she smirks before Jessica stumbles back a bit as Flora goes to tackle her.

"Stop" Lucero asks as he holds Flora back.

"You are not giving her a single penny, this craziness will be sorted out by my father, if he is active enough to have kids, he damn well sign all of her fucking cheques" Flora snaps as she pushes past Jessica while Lucero rubs his forehead.

"Jes..."

"Save it, your good for nothing words will not change anything, now cheque" she asks but Flora storms back to the table and grabs the paper before she walks out of the door.

"Why you!" Jessica gasps as she follows Flora demanding she return the cheque.

"You shut your trap in front of me, if you want this" Flora threatens making Jessica halt on her steps before Flora glares at her husband.

"We are so done if even a cent goes her way for that baby" she warns her husband before she rushes to get in her car, driving away.

*******

Driving to her father's house, Flora walks out as soon as she stops the car storming in search of her father. She finds him one of the servants waiting for her, informing her about her father's whereabouts and the fact he was waiting for her.

"Don't" Salvatore states as soon as Flora walks through the door to his home office and she closes her eyes to calm herself before she glares at the man.

"Jessica just called and I know how this all may look but I can explain" Salvatore speaks as he walks out of his chair and pulls one for her.

"They are not my kids" he states and she frowns.

"Whatever has Jessica told you it's all a lie, I know you are confused about all of this but they are no my babies...

And because she is ashamed of who the father is, she told you all that those kids are mine and I understand, that girl needs some help...

She is my friend's daughter for goodness sake, I can never betray my friend that way and honey, you are married to her brother, I would never hurt you that way"

"So, you know who the father is?" she asks and he sighs.

"It does not matter who he is"

"And it does not bother you at all that she is using your name?" she asks him stunned.

"It does and I will have a talk with Jessica about it, I never thought her lies would reach you but I think I should have stopped her before these lies reached your ears...

I am sorry for stressing you, though I am glad you have come back home after all these times" he smiles and Flora smiles as she hugs her father.

"I am sorry too dad, I misjudged you"

"It's okay, flower, it's okay" he murmurs running his hand through her hair.

*******

Salvatore watches his daughter get in the car and he smiles as he waves her a goodbye watching as she drives away before the smile fades away from his face. Pulling his phone out he calls Jessica.