Chapter 06

One year later...

"Happy anniversary, my flower" Salvatore grins as he kisses on his daughter's cheek.

"I cannot believe it has been a year already" he smiles at his daughter.

"Oh, trust me I will never forget the whole year" Flora grumbles as she glares at her husband who was just standing looking at them.

"It calls for celebration, I just know a perfect"

"Dad, I know you love parties more than me, but I want to be left alone today, to grief on the fact today is the day I was made fool in front of God himself...

So, excuse me while I mop around on self-pity" she states as she walks away from her father and husband.

Salvatore waits until Flora is away before his eyes land on Lucero himself.

"It has been a year that I gave away my daughter to you Lucero and we had a deal" he reminds the man.

"I know"

"Knowing is not enough" he snaps.

"You should understand that..."

"That you have been sleeping with everyone except your own wife, I need an heir not excuses. And I do not see you trying from your end...

What is so wrong with Flora? Is she not beautiful enough, how difficult is it for you to bed your own wife? I am losing my patience, if this is how you would have reacted than I would have never let my daughter marry you...

Just know, your whore can be taken away from you any second if things do not go my way Lucero. Get on your goddamn knees if you must but make this marriage work...

If the flower I gave you wither then just know I will never let a single flower in this family bloom, ever" Salvatore threatens as he makes his way out of the house leaving Lucero alone with his thoughts.

*******

"Say mother" Flora speaks with Leon who laughs as he hurries to run away from her hands.

"Leon" Flora laughs as she grabs the boy's leg pulling him towards her and just as she let go, he starts to run away wiggling his little butt.

"You are a cheeky little monster, I demand you call me mother this instant" she laughs when he just smiles at her toothily before looking around the bed as if searching for something.

"Are you looking for this?" she asks him as she holds his favorite toy and he squeals wanting it.

"Uh-uh-uh, say mother" she starts but the boy just pouts.

"Fine, I will let it slip this once because it's your birthday today but tomorrow we are practicing again" she smiles ruffling his hair as she hands him his toy and he squeals in happiness.

"If he is not giving in why don't you try with this one?" Lucero's voice makes Flora turn around to find him with a little bundle in his arms.

"Happy anniversary, dear wife" Lucero smiles walking inside of the room before he puts the baby on the bed.

"Perfect timing" Flora sighs as she turns to look at the baby who was sleeping peacefully on the bed.

"What's his name?"

"Liam" Lucero informs, and Flora touches the baby's cheek with her finger.

"Ah, Liam the protector" she smiles before catching the toy Leon throw towards the baby.

"That's your brother, come" she calls the boy who smiles as he walks on the fours to get to her before staring at the baby.

"Now you have one more word to learn, Liam" she smiles as she watches Leon clap his hand before he touches the baby's chest and stares at Flora who smiles.