Chapter 10

Lucero pauses with his spoon mid-air as his eyes lands on the boy running towards the room laughing naked while Molly was rushing to catch him.

"No" Leon laughs as he hides behind the couch and grins at Molly who looks exhausted.

"It's your bath time" she reminds the boy who shakes his head giggling before he stares at Lucero and runs to his side.

"Daddy" Leon shouts as he goes to grab onto his legs and stares at his face with a smile.

"What's going on?" Lucero asks as he pushes Leon away from his legs but like an elastic the boy laughs as he once again holds his legs.

"He refuses to shower"

"Why?" Lucero frowns as he stares at the boy who tries to climb on his lap.

"Daddy" Leon chirps as he jumps on his feet to be carried.

"Go to Molly and take a bath" Lucero command Leon who pouts and shakes his head no.

"Leon" Lucero narrows his eyes as he picks up the boy and walks towards Molly.

"No" Leon cries as he wraps his arms around Lucero's neck not letting go.

"Is the bath ready?" Lucero asks and Molly nods her head before showing him the way.

*******

Lucero walks out of the bathroom wiping his hands in towel he smiles hearing Leon screams and giggles. Putting the towel away he goes to make his way out of the room but stops as he finds Liam peacefully sleeping in his crib while Flora was no where to be seen.

Walking out of the room, Lucero walks back to finish his dinner. He stops as he finds Flora making her way back at the home, he watches as she kicks the pebble on the way deep in her thought before she is out of his view.

Making his way towards the main door of the house he waits for her to walk in, he watches as she enters the house and without acknowledging him, she makes her way towards the room.

"Where are you coming from?" his question startles making her jump.

"What?"

"Where have you been at this time of the night?" he asks.

"I went for a walk"

"At this time?" Lucero asks checking on the time and Flora frowns at his behavior.

"When did you start to keep tabs on me?" Flora asks as she tries to walk past him but Lucero steps in front stopping her.

"I have every right to keep tab on where my wife goes and comes from" he states as he pushes few strands on her hair behind the ear and Flora steps back.

"Excuse me?" she asks weirded on his behavior.

"Have your dinner and get some rest" he states as he walks away, and Flora looks around the room wondering if she was imagining what happened.

*******

Lucero once again pauses with the spoon mid-air as he hears a commotion out and waits before his sister walks in the house with an angry expression.

"Why have you not been receiving my calls?" Jessica demands as she stands in front of Lucero.

"Have dinner with me" he asks her and Jessica walks to where he was before she walks to where he was and grabs the plate of his dinner before throwing in on the ground.

Flora halts on her step as she hears the crash and turns around before she makes her way towards the sounds of shouts and crashes.

"Why are my cards rejected? Do you know how humiliating it was?" she shouts as she slams her hands on the table glaring at him.