Chapter 41

A shout from Lucero jerks Flora as she watches everything happen in front of her in slow motion yet she cannot do anything but stare at the scene in silent, her ears rings when her father takes a shot at her husband who falls down along with the chair on the ground with a loud thud.

Her kids scream of terror hits her hard and yet she is paralyzed, not being able to do anything while the three boys rush to check on Lucero. Her head snaps at her father and she narrows her lips trying to read what he was saying as the ring in her ears made it difficult to hear at all.

"Mother" Leon shouts as he shakes her his face white as sheet and as his cold fingers touches her cheek, she comes back alive and rushes to her husband's side only to be stopped by her father.

"No" her screams do nothing as Salvatore pulls her away from them.

"Mother" Leon runs to help her but stops short while Flora's screams quietens as panic hits her seeing her father's raise the barrel of gun on Leon's forehead.

"I would not mind sending you where your father just went to" Salvatore warns the boy making Flora act fast.

"No, not him" she pushes the gun away from the boy.

"Then tell your brats to stay out of my way" he warns gripping her arm tightly.

The motions around the door pulls Salvatore's focus as they watch Lauren being dragged in the room and Flora's eyes widens as she is pushed on the floor.

"Hey" Flora shouts at the man as she fights her father's hold who tightens his grip.

"So much care for them" Salvatore sighs shaking his head at her.

"She is pregnant" Flora reasons.

"And a widow" he adds as he stares at the woman on the ground.

"What do you want?" Flora asks her father who narrows his eyes before he pulls a chair and shoves her on it.

"Good question that I am searching answers for. Want, what do I actually want? A good wife, who would just shut her trap and hand me everything silently, a good daughter who would obey and do things exactly my way...

Or a son-in-law who would not try to cross me, how about that?" he asks tilting his head.

"Oh wait, but we never get what we want now, do we?" he smiles as he bends to face Flora.

"We can talk" Flora pleads but Salvatore shakes his head no.

"The time for talks is long gone, Flower. It's time I pluck the flower from the garden and watch it wither" he smooths her hair once before walking to where Lauren was.

"Uh-uh-uh" Salvatore shakes his head as Flora goes to get up from the chair.

"You stay still my daughter, you don't want to watch more dead bodies lying around, now do you? Because tonight I am in a mood to kill, each and every one of you...

For betraying me, playing me for a fool" he shouts the last part as he grabs a fistful of Lauren's hair jerking her head up.

"For years I did not understand why Lucero would sleep with this filth but not with you? And for years I had the urge to kill her just so he would have no other option but to be with you...

A child, just one and we all would have been happy but happily ever after sounds only good on movies and fairytales" he sighs as he lets go of Lauren before he eyes at the boys.

"Don't" Flora begs as she turns her head to her two boys as Lance was crying with his head on Lucero's chest while Liam was shaking Lucero's body.

She holds Leon's hand who was shaking a bit in fear.