Chapter 23

Lucero slowly follows his wife as she quietly turns around walking towards her room, none of them utter a word as silence fills both of them even if a storm was raising in their minds.

Flora does not turn or attempt to acknowledge Lucero as the man walks behind her in the hallways, she makes her way towards her old room as somehow the chaos inside was better than the chaos inside of her, unlocking the door she walks in to turn around and grabs the door to close it as she wants to shut everything out with the slam of the door.

A foot, his foot comes in between stopping her from doing so and her head jerks up when Lucero grabs the door pushing it away and she tries to push him out instead. Grabbing Flora's hands Lucero bends to pick her up at once in his arms while she fights him.

But he just holds her tight to his chest as he turns to walk towards his own room, her struggles stop as she slums in his arms, giving up, giving in as her energy was lost, she felt everything was sucked out of her the moment Jessica's words slammed in her ears.

Lucero walks in his own room and makes his way towards his bed, putting Flora on the bed he walks back to the door and locks it. Turning back towards her, Lucero gets down on his knees as he slowly cups Flora's cheeks scared she will push him away.

"Please don't let the moment we shared be ruined by the doubts that was created by someone careless words" he pleads as he stares in her tears filled eyes and Flora touches his hands as she slowly pushes it away from her.

"There must be something for someone to ruin it" she whispers as she goes to get down but he wraps his arms around her tightly before he buries his face on her lap.

"There is, there is something more than just something between us" he states not letting her go.

"They are four kids that is between us, there is all of these schemes and secrets that is between us, there is nothing but hidden intentions between us" she states as she holds his head before she pushes him away from her.

Flora shifts back out of his touch as Lucero rubs his face before he runs his hands through his hair before he stares at her.

"Don't run"

"I am not the one running but I am the one who has been standing my ground, getting hit by every cruel words, with every moves yet I am not running...

Because no matter what I am a better man between the two of us" she speaks making him sigh.

*******

Flora wipes her tears with shaky hands as she steps down of the bed while Lucero slowly gets up from the floor and their eyes clashes but Flora ignores him as she makes her way towards the door to unlock it but it does not.

She raises her head up to see the lock was out of her reach making her glassy eyes turn towards Lucero with a glare.

"You are not walking out of here before we finish our talk" he voices and Flora narrows her eyes as she looks around the room to search for a chair or anything she could use.

"Talk? They are nothing but words, words that I do not need from anyone of you. I have heard enough, I have hurt enough...

Three years, you had three years and you did not even want to do anything with me. I had moved on, I had been satisfied with the way things were, getting adjusted but you..." Flora grabs a chair dragging it towards the door.

"You could not see my happiness, you had to get your foot in between and ruin everything. There was never us to begin with, you just were jealous about the fact that I was happy on my own...

So, you planned to ruin it, playing with my feelings, giving me fake hope and all of those bullshit moments to make any girl's heart flutter. But now my eyes are opened" she breathes as she opens the lock before getting down on the floor.