Chapter 33

Flora clings on to Lucero's arm as they walk back to the party on going, all the traces of her tears replaced by a smile and lightness in her heart brightens her who features.

"Where have you two been?" Salvatore asks as soon as he makes his way towards the couple.

"We are here now" Lucero speaks for them and Salvatore narrows his eyes at the man.

"Introduce Flora to the investors" he orders and Flora touches her father's chest lightly as she feels Lucero's jaw tick.

"Dad, we got it" she states before they walk away and Salvatore's eyes do not leave the couple all night long, watching them like hawk as he stands beside Lucero's father near the balcony.

"Your son is testing my patience and every nerve" Salvatore comments sipping on his drink.

"Give him time, he will come around"

"I think the past four years has been more than enough time for him to come around. Besides, I have only agreed to his terms because of our deal, do not forget...

If he does not fulfill his side of the deal I will have to break the terms he had pushed. Warn him, his bastards and that whore he is spreading all his seed on will be the first I shall ship and they shall be the first ones I shall sold off if things do not run my way" the man threatens and Lucero's father nods his head silently.

"The girl has never been a problem Sal and she..."

"From what I see, she has always been the problem, if she was not in the picture those three would have been my grandsons, just as I had planned...

I do not need a loyal son-in-law or husband for my daughter, just an heir to take over everything Lee and I am at the end of the thread"

"You already have son now, with J..." Lucero's father stops mid-sentence as Salvatore glares at the man.

"You think throwing your daughter my way will distract me from everything then you are fucking delusional, just know if it was ethical I would impregnate Flora myself...

So, just know no one will do, but I need a child from Flora's womb, boy or girl I do not care as long as it's all Flora's" Salvatore grits the words and Lucero's father takes a deep breath as he stares ahead watching his daughter-in-law, laughing at something one of the men were saying.

*******

Russo waits exactly five minutes in silence before he slowly walks away and grabs the railing of the balcony before he jumps off an lands lightly on his feet as Salvatore along with Lucero's father walks away from the door. He straightens his blazer as he looks around to see if someone saw him as he makes his way back to the party as if he just did not spied on the men.

He slips in and makes his way towards the bar and grabs the first empty glass and waves at bartender waving the glass for a refill as if he was there whole time and wanting another refill.

"Rich" Flora calls for him as she makes her way towards him dragging her husband along as she refuses to let go of the man.

"Flora" Richie nods his head at the woman before he shakes Lucero's hand.

"Where were you?" she asks before she grabs the drink the bartender hands to Richie and snips it.

"Does Alana know you drink carelessly when you are alone?" she teases before she hands him his drink.

"She knows I like to drink" he replies.

"Do you let her join her?" she questions surprising him and he glances at Lucero before nodding his head.