Chapter 27

Lucero walks in the house to find it silent even if everyone were in the living area not a word or the sound of movement was made, he narrows his eyes watching each of them before he clears his head and all their head snaps his way.

None of them make a move to speak or rush his way which makes him wonder what happened, so he stands silently staring at them. Liam is the one who moves as he glances at his mother before looking at Lucero and then Flora does the same making him know it was them, who did something.

"Leon" he calls the boy who also glances at Liam and then at Flora as he makes a move to go meet his father, but Liam grabs his hand and shakes his head no.

"Will I get to know what is going on or shall I keep assuming?" he asks but none of them talk.

"Liam come here" he asks, and the boy drop his color book and makes his way towards Lucero.

"What happened?" he asks the boy who once again glances at Flora.

"Lance bite me" he mumbles showing his hand.

"And?" Lucero asks as he picks the boy up.

"And I was in pain" he whispers as he wraps his arms around his father's neck.

"Why did he bite you?" he questions making him stay silent for a moment before he mumbles something that does not reach Lucero's ears.

"What?" he asks again, and Liam bows his head.

"Because he wanted to take my color box and I did not want to give it to him"

"So, he bites you" Lucero asks to clarify, and the boy slowly nods his head before once again glancing at Flora who now gets up from the sofa.

"It hurt and I was in pain, so I hit him" he hurries as he cups Lucero's face.

"Ah, and?" he stares at his son.

"And I said I don't want her as my mother" he pouts pointing towards Flora as he buries his face on Lucero's neck.

"Follow me...not you just him" Lucero asks Leon before he stops Flora and walks away with both the boys.

*******

Lucero asks both of his son to take the seats in front of the desk before he takes his chair and stare at the silently for a while and then he starts.

"Liam you need to learn how to share things with your brothers, Lance is younger than you and I have yet to see how bad you hit him"

"But he won't listen"

"Has Leon ever said no to you when you want something of his?" he asks the boy.

"I never ask anything from him" he grumbles.

"Because you believe in taking it away without asking" Lucero speaks and Liam peeks at his big brother.

"He would have asked back if he wanted" he speaks back.

"He does not ask back because he loves you too much to never say no and you keep taking advantage of it, which is wrong" Lucero scolds Liam who goes to protest but one glare from his father silences him before Lucero's attention goes to Leon.

"And you" he stares at Leon.

"You are his big brother, if you keep ignoring and letting him do whatever he wants then he will keep wanting to break every rule set...

You two are like peas in a pod, spending day and night together familiar with each other and yet you have not yet learned how to stop him"

"Don't scold him" Liam requests.