Chapter 35

Kristal's POV

For the rest of the evening, Theo has been blunt and silent. Even when Ansel and Harry were running around chasing each other with pink paint. He often visits the nursery where the boys have been busy painting Elizabeth's bookcase. Every time I walk pass him he often tries to avoid me on every circumstance. Finally I let out, "Babe, what's wrong? Why are you ignoring me?"

He looked at me quickly but then a few seconds later his head is faced down to the ground like an act of guilt. "Nothing," he answered as he walked past me hoping to ignore what I was about to say.

"What is going on, Theodore!" I yelled at him before he got away again. Theo froze in his place and turned around slowly.

"I j- just..."

"What?"

"I can't tell you...I'm sorry..." he walked down the staircase.

What is going on?

I didn't want to follow him around like that anymore. I don't even know what is up with him. It's like I don't even have my old Theo anymore.

Just this Theo that ignores me.

I walked to our room which was full of the presents from the baby shower. A tear fell down as I rubbed my protruding belly. I grabbed my phone and one of my light flannels, walked downstairs trying to not focus on the stares of my friends, and out to my favorite hiding spots.

The garden.

It seems so magical when the flowers reflect from the pond to the sunset. The fairy lights handing down, draping the patio, tied everything together perfectly.

The several months since I've been living here, I've change this modern untouched mansion into this warm family home. The wind flowing by making me wrap the flannel tighter around my body.

I kept on thinking about Theo and I's relationship. It doesn't even make sense. The untold secrets bounding our relationship. If those are revealed, Theo might be in court and I will still be stuck at my flat.

I have told Theo everything but all I get from him is so little. Also now when he is keeping a secret from me.

By all means I don't want to be clingy but if he is not talking to me and blocking me, it gets me worried. I glided my hand to my belly.

What if these babies grew up without a father?

Of course I didn't want that to happen since of my childhood. I remembered moving to several cites and houses and being left out on conversations when they talked about their families. I always wanted my biological dad and mom around instead of foster parents. I felt two strong arms wrap around me.

"Theo..." I whispered.

His deep voice let out, "I'm sorry about how I acted, I'm so sorry" He pressed his forehead on my temple and wrapped around me.

I stared out into the distance, "It's okay" Admiring the beautiful sky, we both stood there. It's like if time had stopped.

"I love you..."

"I love you, too..."

We both stood there for what feels like eternity until I spoke up, "You don't have to tell me what you've been up to"

"No I have to, Kristal"

"Theo I don't want to force myself into you-" His lips silenced me.

"Ruth still wants me back," he said bluntly. I looked at him, his eyes gave me an apologetic look, "Your formal foster father and her have been planning to do something to you"

My mouth dropped when he mentioned Richard. "Who told you?"

"You know that guy Josh? He worked for Ruth..."

"Are you sure he is telling the truth?"

"Babe don't worry about it, okay? Please? For the babies?"

I gave up, "Okay..." My lips pressed against his.

Our lips moved against each other until we pulled away when two twenty year olds giggled. "Oh shut up you two!"

Theo looked back at me and pulled me back into his arms, "I'm sorry for what I did today"

"I love you..." I kissed him.