Chapter 44

Kayla's POV

I looked at the sorrow in Harry's eyes. I've recently had bought the TFIOS movie and we were currently watching it. I made many excuses from having Harry and Ansel apart. They couldn't even be in the same hallway. Ansel's face flashed a smile on the screen making my heart fill of guilt. Ansel hasn't gotten better, either. He hasn't moved a finger for two weeks now.

For Harry, he's getting released tomorrow. I could feel his desperation in his voice, asking me everyday if he could see Ansel. His laugh startled me.

The wrinkles by his eyes made tears spark. He sat up to ask me a question, "Babe, are you alright?"
I replied with a simple nod, how could I hide this forever. Thinking about Kristal felt like a knife driving through me. No one knew where she was and Ruth's friend is with Theo right now. How could she do this? What part of her made her do this?

I reached my hand to Harry's and held it tightly while me watch the rest of the movie.

A few knocks on the door awaken me from my slumber. The flash of light coming from the door blinded my eyes. A doctor came in quietly. Even with the slow steps he made, I knew it would alarm Harry. "Mrs. Styles?" I was puzzled.

"It's Miss. Hood, sir," I corrected silently. He nodded. I asked politely, "What's wrong, doctor?" I brushed my dark hair aside and straightened up my glasses.

"It's Mr. Elgort." I gasped at his announcement. It's been days since I have gotten the slightest news from Ansel's recovery. "He's not doing well. Miss, please come with me." I stood up. Unfortunately the chair gave the silence away waking Harry up. I looked over to his body seeing his green eyes open and wide.

"What's wrong with Ansel?" he asked.

Kristal's POV

I woke up in the middle of the dark room. Nightmares haunted me and I end up struggling against the tight rope tied around my wrists. My wrists were red and swollen from the friction of the bounded rope.

Theo.

My eyes watered at the sight of Richard. My jaw tightened, "What do you want from me?" He laughed in such a Welsh tone. In ignorance I wiggled into the chair. If I could get out of this chair, I thought. I repeated the question, "What do you want from me?" 

His welsh accent stayed with him for years, "Just wanted to check on my foster daughter. Seems that you got knocked up by some bloke." Theo. Did he say that Theo was a bloke? If Theo was a bloke, he'll be a begger by now. 

I tugged the rope some more, "Wouldn't a phone call be better?" His laugh echoed the room. "And Theo isn't some bloke."

He realized and pointed out, "Oh yes, he's that rich actor from that Hollywood movie. I've taught you one good thing." That prick. "How's it going, daughter?" He circled around me giving me a good view of his gun. If I could get a hand of his gun. "Huh? I didn't hear your answer?" I felt my jaw tighten not wanting to talk to him. "I said ANSWER!" 

"I rather die than talk to you," I spat. I rocked back in the chair wanting to loosen up the restraints. He laughed again. "That welsh tone of your laugh stuck with you all these years, right?" He twisted my neck to him. His hands felt rugged on my smooth face.

His breath reeked of alcohol, "Guess that bullet didn't shut you up, little girl." 

I bit my lip, "Where is Theo?" I asked so stupidly. Of course he will answer Kristal. He was that dumb. I receive a slap to the face for those words. He laughed again. Oh how I want to choke him right now. I repeated my question. 

There was a loud bang. Then another a few seconds after. My heart lurched wondering if I was hurt or not. I remembered the loud gunshots from the van. I couldn't bear to know that someone was hurt in that house to protect me. Especially Harry and Ansel. They were like two other brothers to me, how could I develop that connection with them over the past year? I saw Richard go for his gun that was strapped onto him and looked over to me. He ran to the nearby wall, glancing every few seconds that the noise would quiet down. 

Help. I struggled against the rope that bounded my wrists tightly. All at once, men clad in black came in the warehouse. Is this real? They held a gun to Richard and he froze not knowing what to do. They handcuffed him and pushed him out. I could barely see anything but I wanted to find Theo. Unluckily I couldn't find him anywhere. Everyone was pushing me out of the building and heading for the emergency car. 

I found myself connected to cords and heading to the hospital without Theo. 

{Not my best but at least there's an update! Well sorrrryyyy...I really want to apologize for the very slow updates which is really just my fault. I would love if you read and vote for my new fanfic, "Secret" because I've been spending a lot of my time on that and starting that out. I really want that fanfic to be popular and have reads like this book. Since I get more reads for a chapter on this fanfic than my other fanfic. I just want to tell you and thank you for reading! Hope you enjoy this short update and my other fanfic! xxx}