Chapter 43

Ruth's POV

I walked up to Richard, who was in the process of eating his lunch, I clenched the burger bag in my hands. The paper feeling ripped and tattered. Like my heart. I sat on the other side of the table, disgusted at what I've done. Her body was slumpped in the chair, so helplessly. My sorrow was replaced with anger as the thoughts of Theo and I together fled my mind. We were such a great couple, well until I slept with someone else. It wasn't a bad thing to me. He was getting too busy with his films that he forgot that I was in the picture, too.

It was all about his fame and money. His charming good looks that made me madly fall in love with him. I remembered his parents scolding him about his choice in women. Them speaking Greek in front of my face made me sick. I hated them anyways. Theo was just too in love with me that he disobeyed his own parents. While mine were never there for me. I remembered them being too busy to attend my first play. The dramatic play that I worked so hard on, the one that they promised to be there for. The only person that I saw was my nanny, who died seven years later. She was the only mother to me. Since my biological mother decided to get drunk and replace my father with some bloke that I swore had to have gone to prison aat least once.

I stayed with my father who replaced my mother with another one and another one and the list goes on. My nanny was the only person who cared about me. The only reason why I hated Theo's parents was because they didn't even know that I learned Greek from my nanny.

I fixated my thoughts on what I'm going to do after this. Seeing Richard with that gun in his hands makes me want to run away. But I can't. I'm powerless. Thoughts flew around my empty mind as I took a sip of the sugary drink. The plastic lid was torn and tattered from my fingers crunching it. I chewed on the tip of my straw, taking a few glances at him and Kristal. She looked so hopeless. 

For hours, she'd been pearing down on the concrete floor not wanting to look up. I didn't want to look into her brown eyes, either. It was like she was some kind of poison, I hated her. I knew Richard's glares would interfear with mine. I didn't want to look at him, either. Some part of my gut knew that this was wrong, but I can't go back. 

I finished the scraps of food left on the burger wrapper. Tossing it a few feet away into the bin, I brushed my hands on my pants. I could feel the note I've written on my left pocket, close to my leg. The note I've written weeks, months, ago. On instinct, I grasped the tiny note out of my pocket, it was a cutout of the paper. The edges have worn off by now, and I could almost feel it wither in my hands. My fingertips traced the print written finely on the paper, an article. I remembered the dozens of piled newspapers at Richard's place. Living disgustingly in a motel. 

Over the print was my staggered handwriting, rushed barely visible. Probably written when I was enjoying my cup of tea every morning. I tresured the mornings with Theo, I would wake up and he'll be there by the counter with my tea. I memorized how he liked his tea, two spoons of honey and one dash of milk. His fingers would travel to my hips pulling me to him. I'll be in one of his shirts, oh his scent. Sometimes when he was running late for an interview, he'll write me a note on a ripped piece of the newspaper he read and place it on my book next to my nightstand. I would be able to feel the note when I grasp for my glasses in the morning. It would be a sweet 'I love you' or a 'I'll miss you' followed by his casual '-T xxx' I kept everyone of them. Filling a box next to my bed, his scent lingering on each note. This one was different. It wasn't in his handwriting and it simply stated my plan. I discussed this with myself many times I didn't even know why I kept the piece of paper. I tossed the note into the bin with the folded napkin next to me. 

PLAN

1. Kidnap

2. Let Theo come

3. Trick him into thinking Richard forced me to kidnap her

4. Give Richard the money

5. Let Richard run away

END OF PLAN

-R xxx