Chapter 37

Josh's POV

Today is the day.

Calls came from everywhere since I quitted being Ruth's manager. They kept on asking why I was quitting. It was annoying trying to get past them. Constantly asking and offering for me to come back. My boss said that I was the best manager they had for Ruth.

Well I was in love with her. No, I'm in love with her. I just can't believe how much she wants to go through for this guy? Especially when he has a family.

I rushed to the warehouse that her and Richard were meeting at. Just in case I brought my gun and shoved it into my glovebox.

Sunglasses made my disguise as I messaged Theo as promised. After a few texts, Ruth's car drove into the lot of the building. I covered my face for purposes like if she noticed me.

Well she never noticed me in the beginning of the job anyways.

I remember the constant pleads of people wanting me to come back and take the job.

"Do you have a reason for quitting your job?" Eric, my boss asked questionably.

I nodded my head signaling a no as an answer, "No, not at all..." I sunk down in my seat as people looked at me with questionable faces.

"Then why? Is it the money? We could give you a raise," Eric asked me again. Then in like two seconds the four men that are sitting in front of me start firing questions at me. I gestured my hand to make them stop.

"It's non of your concern, sir. I just need time to think about this job..."

They all shook their heads and thanked me for my time working here. We all shook hands signaling that I was sorry for quitting all of a sudden. Then gracefully I walked out of the pleading crowd. Even if they provide me with the best deal ever, I will never go back to them.

I slammed my head against my seat at the sight of Ruth.

How could I not notice the signs?

Her going out all night for no particular reason. I knew there was something going on when she started to reject my offers of driving her home.

She could've been planning this since Kristal and Theo got together.

Even the day that she was hiding a mysterious phone in her hand. I saw the picture of the backdrop on the phone and made out that it was Kristal. I knew it that it's Theo's phone that she had in her hand.

My hand went through my blond messy hair. How could I be so stupid?

When the phone started to ring in Ruth's hand, she looked startled until she saw the caller was Kristal herself. Quietly moving I rushed by the door to hear their conversation. The woman I fell in love with dashed through her room and turned the shower on. She set the phone down. Luckily she put it on speaker which made it easy for me to eavesdrop in their conversation.

Her voice seemed so desperate wanting to make a scene. A scene that could tear Kristal and Theo's relationship apart. I swore under my breath as I backed away from the door. I could not believe how evil she is. Grabbing my jacket I walked out the door without saying goodbye.

How could I be so oblivious?

I sat there in silence until I heard a voice coming from the warehouse.

Richard.

I shifted in my seat so I was pressed up against the window of my car to get a clear look at the two of them.

"Are you sure you want to do it today?" He asked suddenly making Ruth look at him in disbelief.

"Of course! I've been tracking her down for days now. I'm not going to wait any longer. I need Theo," her voice echoed through the walls.

For my luck I parked near the warehouse to hear the rest of the conversation. Moments later, they both got into Ruth's car and drove off.

I messaged Theo saying they were on their way. As I was driving I heard Theo call me suddenly. I put him on speaker so I could still catch up with them and talk to Theo. "Hey mate..." I greeted him politely.

"What do you mean, 'They are on their way'?"

"They are driving somewhere, probably going to your house or something. Where is Kristal right now?"

"She's at home with Ansel and Harry. I'm having a meeting with my management so far. Overrun Ruth and Richard so you could get to my house"

I agreed and took a shortcut to overrun them and get to Theo's house before them. After minutes of turns, I arrived at Theo's house. I rang the doorbell to see if Kristal was still home and grabbed my gun in case. I met face to face with Harry Styles, "Who are you?"

I introduced myself and Kristal said I wasn't working for Ruth.

"Ruth and Richard are coming soon. Be ready," I whispered to Harry. He nodded and looked at Ansel as a signal. Ansel went into the back room while Kristal went to go make me tea. I sat down across from Harry on the velvet couch.

"So what are we going to do now?" He asked.

"Just wait if Ruth and Richard come," I said calmly as Kristal comes in with tea. I nervously pick at the seat trying to get rid of my clammy hands. She gave her a reassuring smile as she sat next to Harry.

"It's going to be okay, Kristal. Theo is coming in half in hour. I'll be okay..." He had his arm around her trying to calm her down. I got up to give them some privacy and went to the room where Ansel was.

"Hey," Ansel greeted when I entered the doorway. He was preparing some weapons in cases.

"You know Richard probably doesn't have that many weapons..." I leaned against the door frame.

"Just in case"

I reached for the gun that was secured on my belt, "Well I'm just bringing this" I waved my gun in front of him and put it back into its previous place.

"Smarty pants are you," he laughed. "Are you sure they are going to do it today?"

I nodded, "Earlier I went to the warehouse and most likely they are going to do it today"

Ansel went back to the weapons. I walked up and studied them; three guns. "One for you, Harry, and Theo?" I asked.

"Yea. Are you sure you're done with Ruth?"

"Done with her how?"

"You know like you're not her manager anymore," he looked at me with an oblivious look.

"Yea I quitted my job"

"What did you think I was talking about?"

"Nothi-"

I got cut off by a sudden scream and the door swinging. We both ran into the foyer of the house.

The sight was surprising for Ansel and I.

They have arrived.

Harry had Richard pinned down onto the ground while Kristal went into another room. I ran to Kristal while Ansel went to go help Harry. "Hey Kristal, it's going to be alright," I tried to calm her down. Her hand went down to her bump, "Theo is coming, okay? He will be here shortly. He'll be here with you and your family"

Tears spilled from her eyes, "If they get me, tell Theo I love him"

I nodded my head, "They are never going to ge-"

I got interrupted by the sounds of heels on the wooden floor.

Ruth.