Chapter 22

"What the hell is going on?" Mark yelled as he peeled my dad away from Sky.

"Well your little innocent sister over here took all of Kathy's friends away! Why the fuck would that happen?" Richard yelled back. Skylar ran to me.

"Kristal! Help me pwease!! Bad daddy was hitting me and it hurts!!" she cried into my shoulder. I kept on whispering it's going to be okay. I signaled to Mark as I got up and started yelling at my dad.

"What the fuck did you do to my sister?" I yelled pushing him back.

"She was the little brat and stole all of Kathy's friends" he laughed. I pushed him back some more. He tried to throw a punch at me but missed. I could smell the booze on him. He was a fucking drunk anyways. Then we started fighting. When I got advantage of him I kept on punching him. By the glance of my eye I see Mark rushing Sky to the kitchen. Mike came in five minutes later running towards me. He exited the room and found his siblings. Mark told him to call the police. I could hear their voices. Scared and worried. Mark came in and tried to restrain him from me. About twenty minutes later, I heard police sirens which made Richard stop. He ran back into his office peaking through the window. I heard glass breaking making Sky scream in surprise. She was on the couch hugging Mike securely. Mike was brushing some of the blood off of her with a wet washcloth while the other kids sat their in shock. Probably surprised that their wonderful father is going to go to jail. The police knocked on our door and Mark went to get it. We told that Richard was in his office. Then Richard came in with a gun in hand. He aimed directly on me. "Don't come closer or I'll shoot her!" he screamed as he moved his finger right over the trigger. I was frozen. Stuck right to the floor as he aimed the gun right at me.

"Try me you coward!" I yelled as the police moved a couple feet back. "Come on shoot me!" he straightened his arms.

"Don't make me" he said in a steady voice. The gun wasn't perfectly aimed at me. I knew this drunk wouldn't have anything on me.

"Why would I? If you're not a coward, then shoot me. Come on" Then I heard a gun go off then another one. I opened my eyes to see Richard on the ground with a bullet in the arm being restrained by the policemen. I looked next to me and saw blood on my shoulder. The pain made it numb. It was real. I fell to the ground which made the pain worsen. My whole shoulder and arm was in pain or numb. It was horrible. Mark, Mike, and Skylar surrounded me as they whispered things like 'Dint go' or 'Hold on'. I couldn't. The pain inside of me was unbearable and I couldn't handle it. I knew I was strong but I knew I was still weak in the inside. I felt gravity pull my body into the ground. It felt like I was floating somehow. It was like I was flowing through air. Sinking into the ground. I needed to not close my eyes but my eyes were forcing themselves to close. How could I let something that I control, control myself. Something so weak, be so powerful. The force taking over my whole body. I was so used and I let myself go. Over the cries and pleads, I let myself go. Let the power of my body take over me and control me. I hate myself for doing this but I needed to. It felt like I was falling asleep. I felt as light as a feather, flowing through the sky and landing right on the ground. Somehow I thought that something was on the other side. I could feel it. My eyes closed. I could feel the darkness over coming me. Now I have no powers.