❤46❤ - Lost Love

Horror struck Sonakshi. She was devastated as she looked at her dadi with wide eyes and opened mouth. Sona couldn't form any words as she gasped for breath.

"W...wha...what?"

"He saved us Sona....... He had been saving us for years...."

------------------------------------

"Saved?" Sona's voice was filled with confusion.

Dadi sighed and looked away.

"You were just discharged from the hospital Sona.. You need lots of rest. Eat the medicines and sleep first. We shall talk about this tomorrow..." Her Dadi woke up, only to be stopped by Sona.

"No Dadi.... You have to tell me now. What do you mean by saving us for years?"

"Sonaaa...."

"Please Dadi....tell me....."

"We were attacked by your father's men many years ago Sona..... Despite living in the same village, we are still considered an enemy to your father. He had tried to kill us a long time ago.....but suddenly........"

"Suddenly?"

"One day, we received a call from a stranger. He was none other than your husband Dev himself..... He told us that he would save us from our evil son............ And in return, he would want all the details of Sanjay. He promised us he would provide us with high security and keep you safe as well."

"And you believed him?"

"We had no choice at that time beta..... After all, we had nothing to lose. We suffered a lot in life and at least in our old age, we wanted to live a fearless life. We provided whatever information we could get from your house. In return, there was protection given to our house all the time."

"How long have this been happening? Why wasn't I informed?" Sona bombarded her questions like a ball of fire.

"It's been quite long Sona.... I know it's hard for you to take in, but it's the truth. We were not supposed to reveal this information to anyone. Moreover, your father always kept a close watch on you. We couldn't even speak to you properly....." Dadi's eyes lowered in guilt.

"But...... why did my father even wanted to kill you guys?" Sona couldn't believe what was happening. She was totally lost into the conversation.

"There's lots of things you do not know Sona. When your mother married your dad, she came to this house with lots of wealth. She was from a wealthy background..... Her parents died when she was young. She had no one to guide her those days..... Desperate for love and attention.....she fell in the trap of your father and married him. She believed that he would give her the life she always wanted. Sadly, all her dreams died the minute she got married." Dadi sniffed and a tear fell down from her cheek.

"But why?.... I don't get it? I mean........ He doesn't treat Rinitha or Jia like he treated me and my mum. Why does he hate us so much?" Sona was exasperated.

"Because..... He wanted your mother's wealth. He didn't love her at all. He used her to build his illegal businesses. Unfortunately, the poor woman wasn't even aware of his dirty businesses. However, after a few months, when she found out his real intentions, she was totally heartbroken. When she tried to stop him, it triggered his anger and he started becoming violent. Out of fury, he started doing crazy things to her. He even managed to obtain most of her properties by force. Whatever possession he has now, is all your mother's money. Her dream was to study and help the needy kids. But your father never even allowed her to step out of the house. We tried to talk to him, but he wasn't even behaving like a human those days. He kept your mum like a puppet, who listens to him. When she refused to listen or obey, he would.....beat her..............in front of others." Dadi's gaze lingered at the empty space outside.