❤74❤ - Diwali Dhamaka

After thinking for a few minutes, Dev decided to ask his doubt which was forever running through his mind.

"Sona.... Are you asleep?"

"Hmmm....nope. I feel really fresh after the bath" she hummed lowly and Dev swallowed his saliva.

"Honestly, I am not pressurising you. But, I really want to know..... Do you ever have plans to have a child?"

--------------------------

Sona immediately stiffened in his arms. The question threw her offboard. She knew that she couldn't be running away from this question forever. But him asking her directly, shook the fearful kid inside her by the epidemic of anxiety.

"Dev....I am...sorry..... I didn't know.....you know-"

"Don't panic Sona.... It's just a question." Dev hugged her in a comforting way. He knew Sona was sensitive whenever the question of a child was on board. She feared kids for whatever reason which was still a mystery to him. He knew her bad past had a hand in it, but that couldn't be the only reason for her fear...right?

"Dev, I am really sorry. I know I am hurting you unnecessarily due to my stupidity. Anyone in my place would have been so happy to have heard this, but I am such a disgusting person. I don't even know why I fear so much.... Maybe it's because of my mother's experiences which I have witnessed... they are so hard to be removed from my system. I can't even...." She paused as Dev listened to her quietly.

"Dev, are you angry with me?" she looked up and cupped a side of his face.

"Not at all.... I would become a bad guy then!" he said, with a frown. Sona sighed and held on to him tightly. She didn't even know how to pacify him. She looked down and remained quiet for a while.

"Dev..... After my graduation.... I promise you, that I will give you the biggest joy that you ever want in your life. Okay?" she circled her thumb on his biceps soothingly. But there was no reply from his side.

When she looked up, his eyes were already closed, and he was fast asleep. Smiling softly, she scooted closer to him. He looked adorable when he was sleeping. That steady heartbeat and those lengthy breaths were more than enough to make her fall in love with him all over again. Looking at him, she thought about his questions again.

He never demanded anything from her ever since they were married. Not even small favours or helps. The only thing which he asked her... was the blessing of a child. That too, indirectly. He never really expressed it in a way that was forcible. She could see that he craved for a kid more than anything in his life and he deserved that happiness more than anyone else.

Even if he was going to forget about this question later on, the guilt would kill her right away. She couldn't be selfish... she had to find a solution to this as fast as possible. Kissing his lips softly, she fell in deep sleep next to him.

--------------------------------

"Dev, you should have answered my calls yesterday!" Arjun sulked while Dev rolled his eyes.

"Well, I was on a private date with my wife. Who the heck would call me repeatedly like that? When I cut your call once, you should have gotten the hint. But you kept calling me like a girlfriend who had been dumped in the middle of the road!"

"What?" Arjun gasped and glared at Dev. "I was down here, trying hard to help you. And you are here, trying to make fun of me?" Arjun asked grumpily.

"Really Arjun?... Anyway on a side note, thanks a lot yaar... for the help last night. I don't know what the hell Tarun is even up to!" Dev said as he lazily brushed his fingers across his hair.