❤️91❤️ - My Stolen Half

There was once a guy, who told me that
'My Sona is not capable of hurting anyone.'

-----------------------------

Dev was shattered. He was so broken that he didn't even know what to do or how to start. He didn't expect this decision from Sonakshi. This was the most unexpected thing he had ever came across. Sona's evacuation was like the last blow for him to fall down. It felt like the end of the world.

He knew that he did something grave. It was a mistake and he regretted it... He expected her to argue, be upset or even scream at him. But he didn't expect such a decision from her. It was so painful to even think that she had gone away. He never meant to chase her away when he said he needed space. He was merely asking for help.....

He had a fair confidence that he was going to find her soon. But the realisation of the reason behind her decision, pricked him. She didn't want to be with him anymore. She was ready to leave him.... Forever.

"Dev, don't worry... I called her university and told them the situation. Our team is informed... we will find her in less than 24 hours." Arjun consoled, but Dev's heart was dead. He was already drowning in the sea of sadness where he couldn't be pulled up.

"I don't.... think.... she will ever come back..." Dev spoke dejectedly. Arjun sighed and massaged his temples. His head was throbbing, and he just couldn't work any longer. Everything in the house was draining his energy.

Arjun looked up and raised a questioning brow at him.

"How else did you expect her to react Dev?" Arjun asked, gritting his teeth. Dev just shook his head and looked away. He knew he messed up, but there was more things he had to think before taking certain decisions. He just couldn't take decisions like Sona.

"AT least.... I didn't leave her."

"The hell you didn't!" Arjun huffed angrily. His eyes was red and all the turmoil in his heart was taking a toll on him too.

"I told you very well that this marriage was important.... Your decision was purely based on your brains and not your bloody heart. If not for yourself, you could have at least listened to your mother's advice. But you didn't. You publicly rejected her and didn't even give a proper reason for it. How long did you think she will bear all this Dev? You thought that you could keep doing whatever you want, and she wouldn't do anything back?" Arjun asked as his eyes brimmed with angry tears.

"I knew I messed up.... But if I had married her, it would be more critical Arjun. The marriage is a deal... a partnership....a promise-"

"Which you were not ready to give, right? Then why make her stay? Might as well chase her away and have your space, right?" Arjun interrupted rudely. Dev looked at him painfully and shook his head.

"I was grieving.... My heart was filled with pain and-"

"Don't you think everyone's grieving too? Don't you think Tarun is like a brother to me too? I brought him up and pampered him as much as you did. I loved him and would have happily died for him if there was a need. His decision is tearing me apart and it's hard to even think about his death. But what can we do? Don't you think maa is dying from her insides, thinking about Tarun? She gave birth to him! It's not just you, Dev! Everyone's grieving. Everyone's dying inside too..... But that doesn't justify mistakes like this Dev.... It really doesn't. In situations like this, thinking rationally is very important. Even in this pain..... maa told you to marry Sonakshi. That takes... lots of strength, you know?" Arjun said.

"I needed space Arjun..."

"And that's exactly what she's doing right now. She's giving you the space you need. What you did was unforgivable. If you think that she's the reason behind Tarun's death, you have all rights to be angry on her. But silently killing her and indirectly insulting her infront of the whole auditorium was hell Dev......"