❤️89❤️ - Emotional Rifts

Sona looked at the door with no hope. She didn't find anything to console herself. Arjun's words didn't help to soothe her pain. Instead it only echoed in her mind.

Everything will be alright... we will fix it.

Little did she know that nothing would be alright. Because the next day...

Tarun was found dead.

-----------------------

The funeral was all white clothes and waxy faces, with every one of them having puffy red eyes. Struggling to hold back the grief, every mother there shed their tears for the guy who left them with huge miseries, memories and emptiness. Prayers were read, funeral prayers were chanted, and fond memories were spoken out-loud.

But none of those noises entered Sona's ears except one.

Asha's heart-wrenching wails.

Sona's ears felt like they were bleeding to hear the mourns of the only person whom she considered as close as her mother. Every cry punched through her guts like bricks of iron and the worst part was, she couldn't even do anything about it. Asha broke down completely, expressing her vulnerability in front of the crowd. The pain of her only son's loss had crushed every ounce of happiness that resided inside her.

The dreams she had of Tarun, the fond memories, hardships and pampering moments were all gone in a minute. She couldn't even believe the reality in front of her. She refused to believe that the dead corpse was her son. The son whom she brought up with every single penny she had, the son who had once brought some hope in her dull life........... was gone?

Asha's body gave up and her heart grew numb from crying. Arjun held her and tried consoling, but her ears turned deaf towards any words that came from people around. Her eyes could only see or hear one person. Her beloved son....

"I wish I could have aborted him..."

How Asha wished she could have taken back her words... she had said it in a fit of rage. She never meant to curse him or anything. But it was too late. The pain of his sudden demise was stabbing her to death. Losing a son at the age of twenty three was nothing but pure torture. She wished that she could have died instead of him.

Sonakshi stood at a corner wiping her tears once again. She never thought that things would take such a huge turn. Her heart ached for so many reasons which she couldn't even explain. So far, the problems in the house were only affecting her on a surface level.... But now Tarun's suicide had emotionally stabbed her soul. She couldn't even explain how traumatising it was for her to be bearing the weight of his death.

No one expected him to end his life abruptly. When Asha and Arjun forcefully opened his door in the morning, he was found totally lifeless in the bed with the sleeping pill bottle in his hands. Even Sona was clueless to why he did that. If there's someone who needed to end their life, then it was her. She couldn't understand why Tarun would even take such an extreme step. Having such a wonderful family and friends, what was the need to do something drastic?

Was it because she humiliated him in front of everyone?

She could never forgive herself if that was the reason... Not that she regretted the slap, but no one deserved to die at such a young age. Now the guilt and scar would forever haunt her throughout her life. She hated Tarun with all her heart, but never in her dreams she wanted to see him dead. Seeing his lifeless corpse caused chills to run through her spine. She slowly lifted her eyes to look at Arjun.

Arjun looked simply lost. His light-coloured eyes welled up and tears streaked down his messy face, with lips trembling until he bit them down. He seemed to be controlling too hard as he helped Asha to stabilise herself. Sona didn't even dare to look at anyone's face after that.