❤70❤ -Best Friends

"How can I see positivity with my scars?" she asked innocently, and Dev just smiled.

"Wrinkles means you laughed, grey hair means wisdom and scars means..... you fought" he kissed her cheeks.

"I am really proud of you Sona...... proud that you fought. I don't care whether you win or lose....." he paused and kissed her.

"But you fought."

---------------------------

Dev sat on the table with his sandwich. He still remembered how hard it was to put Sona to sleep the previous night. She studied for some class test after she was out from the shower. But mostly, her thoughts were distracted, and she would just zone out until someone called her. Dev had to leave for work and return back late at night. When he came back, Sona was still at the same desk, looking confused as ever.

When he tucked her in bed, she tried her best to scoot to the corner of the bed. She did not want him to hug her on kiss her like usual. Sona and cuddling are two things which cannot be separated...he thought she could never live without cuddling. But he was proved wrong. She didn't even turn to his side the whole night.

However, he understood that she needed space and left it without pondering too much. She had sudden nightmares in the middle of the night. He started feeling weird with the fact that she wasn't even crying. At least when she cried, her emotions were crystal clear. But her being numb, was too scary.

He was drowned in his own thoughts while Arjun and Tarun were seated on their respective places, eating their breakfast with awkward silence. He sensed something wrong. Even when both the guys had a tough façade around them, Dev could still see that something was really wrong!

Especially when Arjun was quiet.

"Dev, why isn't Sona awake yet?" Asha's voice distracted him.

"I don't know... I guess she isn't feeling well. Maybe she won't be going-"

"Wait... wait. She can't take leave today. It's not even a week since she started school Dev! She has some important classes today and she can't miss it. Let me go and wake her up." Asha said as Dev just sighed.

The kind of concerns his mother has.... He shook his head with a small smile.

Looking up, he still saw the tension revolving with Arjun and Tarun. They weren't even making a normal eye contact. What was wrong?

"Is everything alright guys?" he asked as Arjun just shrugged casually. But Tarun placed his forks and faced Dev with a hardened expression.

"Yea. Dev bhai.... Actually, I have something to tell you." Tarun turned towards Dev.

"What?" Dev's eyebrows jumped in curiosity.

"Bhai, actually I wanted to tell that me and Na-"

"Dev, Jordon called today morning. He said he wanted to talk to you about something important. I guess it's really urgent... You want to come along?" Arjun interrupted urgently.

"Oh... when?" Dev turned towards Arjun and his eyes shrunk in confusion.

"Right now. Can you call him and ask him what he wants? I guess it's something important. Plus our hotels... there's some problem in the HR department. Can you talk to them too? I have something to catch up in the morning"

"Dev bhai... me and Nat-"

"Dev, can you just follow me. I need your help.... Now!" Arjun stood abruptly and Dev was perplexed.

"Dev bhai, I need to tell you-"

"Later Tarun. Not now!" Arjun cut him off again, making Tarun grit his teeth hardly. His patience level was ticking off like a timebomb and Arjun didn't want to burst on him anymore.