Day 108.

The next day drew silence.

Jihoon was allowed to be left alone in the room for a bit longer, as they took soonyoung off the machines.

Jim couldn't be there, she told jihoon she wouldn't be able to see it happen or even say goodbye.

She couldn't force herself to do it.

Jihoon had been close to dying before, but this. this was the closest to death he's ever felt in his life.

The grip he was holding onto Soonyoung's limp hand killed him. he couldn't imagine that only after a day he'd let go and never touch it again.

Jihoon sobbed and placed kisses on soonyoung's hands over and over again, moving to place kisses on his forehead afterwards.

he kissed his cheeks and didn't ever let go of soonyoung's hands.

then finally, he studied his face. He studied the features and all the small things.

For he thought that this would've been one of the last chances he had to look at it.

The whole time there, he hadn't managed to control his thoughts and emotions.

Jihoon rubbed his thumbs against the back of soonyoung's hands, as if he were able to feel it.

He would give anything to hear his voice one more time.

After an hour doctors came back into the room, looking up at the monitors and machine and sensing no movement.

"This is just as we feared.." the man sighed as jihoon tensed up and held onto soonyoung's hands tighter as fear ran through him.

"P-Please dont take him away.." jihoon muttered with tears starting to stream down his face once more, moving closer to soonyoung.

"If anything we'll have to take him off the machines at the end of the day, to see how he'll react. That's all we can do." The doctor held sympathy and then left after talking.

Jihoon kissed soonyoung's hand once more, and prayed for a miracle. He prayed and prayed.

He prayed for one of the first times in his life.

He prayed to something he didn't even believe before. But for soonyoung he begged and prayed.

jihoon watched with his teary eyes and his shaking body.

Trying to keep his composure.