Day 31.

The amount of bruises I have are uncountable.

They're everywhere.

On my arms, hands, and on the side of my face too.

I bruise so easily now and it hurts.

But today Soonyoung snuck in again. It was later this time unlike last time.

He looked well rested and had a handful of something. "Guess who bought you candy again~" He sang and sat down.

"Here," I opened my hand and he dropped a bunch there.

I smile. "Thank you."

I opened one and started ate it slowly. My mouth was a little sore.

I looked at him and saw him looking at my arms and then to the side of my face.

His smile faded and he looked upset.

He shifted his place in the chair and looked at me. "How are you feeling today..?"

I smiled again. "I'm better. I don't feel a lot of pain anymore."

"That's good. I was ready to fight some doctors if you weren't okay." He smiled when I laughed.

"Of course you were." I said and again reached out my hand for him to hold but he didn't do it.

He had that hesitant look on his face again. I didn't like seeing him hesitate.
My smile faded.

I understood what was happening since yesterday now. "Why are you hesitating..?" I let out.

He looked at my face and gently traced his fingers from my cheek to my chin. "I'm afraid to." He said.

"Afraid of what?"

He waited a minute before talking.

"When the doctors were talking to me, they thought I had touched you to give you the bruises. I didn't realize that by kissing you and holding you- I was probably hurting you."

The only thing he seemed focus on was not hurting me. But I didnt care. I only wanted him to stay with me.

"Please don't stop holding my hand." I don't know why that was the first thing I asked of him. "It's the only thing that's warm to me anymore.."

"But I can't hurt you."

"I swear you won't. They're not on me because of you, I know it's not. It's because I'm sick."

As if saying that would make him feel any better.

But he whispered an "Okay." And finally let me lace our fingers.

"You're gentle. You always are gentle with me."