32|

Wonderwall•

"You're all I need, forget about it.
When you walk out the door and leave me torn, you're teaching me
to live without it."
-billie eilish, bored.

Regaining attention, the door bell rung, probably several times before Rose snapped out of her world of chaotic thoughts. A face she's been avoiding for the past four days greeted her— welcomed her with soft eyes and a delicate smile.

"Hey," his tone was unexpectedly too soft, melting her in the spot but however, she refrained on showing it. "I bought some groceries, thought we might cook dinner together tonight." stop making it hard for me to resist you.

"Hey," she displayed a crooked smile and usually she'd engulf him in her arms as she longed to do so but instead, she turned her back towards him heading towards the kitchen.

Disappointment plastered into his features—she felt off.

Handling the bag of groceries from him, their hands brushed upon another making a wild storm to erupt as this was the most close they've been these past days.

Rose cursed herself internally hating the way butterflies were already swarming around her organs excitedly due to his presence.

"So, what's for dinner?" She faced him, her tone slightly uneven as the two stood far apart.

However, he ignored her unstable vibes. It's probably because we haven't seen other these past couple of days.

"Uhm," he cleared his throat, smiling slightly. "Fettuccine shrimp pasta, I know it's your favorite."

Breathing in and out through closed eyes, she nodded repeatedly wiping her slightly sweaty hands over her pair of denim jeans.

The silence killed him, he missed her. Expecting a thousand kisses and welcoming embrace, he got nothing today. It was rather something weird how he longed for her affection considering he despised it in general. What is she doing to me?

The atmosphere remained silent, the only sounds erupting in the sizzling of the shrimps along with the boiled pasta. She remained on the stove avoiding every weakening gaze of his whilst he cut some vegetables stealing looks over her here and there.

She's probably sick of you now. Relationships aren't your thing, quite already. His demons were back on, feeding him as this was their chance.

"No," he muttered to himself, feeling his thoughts overwhelm him. A war was on the verge of happening within him and once again, Rose was oblivious to any of it.

His breath hitched, feeling his lungs almost close off as if something was suffocating him, letting air get harder to pass into him.

"Are you okay?" Rose noticed the uneasiness, finally turning around as she studied him with furrowed eyes.

"I'm fine," he was closing her off, not letting her into the world where darkness sat and his destructive self lied. Why can't I let her in?

Dropping the utensils harshly, her footsteps rang through as she headed out of the kitchen. "Where you going?" His eyes trailed her direction, following her.