36|

Wonderwall•

"I think I'm ready for,
ready for your loving."
-Ready, Azad

R o s e

My sight concentrated on the full body mirror placed in front, scanning my appearance from head to toe. Curls roaming the length of my back, white summery dress engulfing every edge and curve standing out being completed with a tint of fresh minimal makeup.

I was satisfied, letting my lips curve slightly upwards in approval. Everything seemingly was going in a good direction.

I felt like a little school girl again, waiting on her date to come pick her up. The nerves were gradually setting in. Why am I nervous?

The sound of a honk was heard faintly from my residence indicating his arrivalthe broken man who was slowly learning to open up his heart, to love unconditionally and endlessly.

Grayson wasn't the type of guy that usually gone on dates nor took further interest in taking a women out. Seemingly, everything was his first time when it came to such stuff. It gladdened me, maybe for a little bit considering I'm his first.

But I was more gladdened with such progress—it was evident and it didn't fail but leave me on cloud nine seeing such beautiful change.

I strutted downstairs, letting butterflies already begin to bomber me just by the thought of him being outside. Shocks of electricity roamed me just as I met him halfway—leaning on his Bmw with crossed arms, occupied with nothing but a genuine smile.

His eyes smiled along too, dropping down to scan the rest of my appearance. I was quick to turn my head back, locking my front door with a shy expression on. Also cursing myself internally for becoming the mess that I am due to his presence.

"Hey," his scent welcomed me the more I approached the car, filling my senses with bliss. "Hey," a fragment of a smile got drawn upon his lips once I saw him open the car door for me. "After you."

We've been talking for quite a while now but this was the first time we've ever done something like this. I hoped it meant something to him as it did to me—I hoped he considered it worthy of time.

His eyes lingered on me for quick instant as he took a minute before starting off the car. With my peripheral vision I already saw the tender smile sitting on top of his lips. "You look beautiful."

His eyes scanned my dress intimidatingly letting slight wave of heat creep between my legs. They traveled again towards my face as if an artwork being admired and appreciated.

"Thank you. You look handsome," I stated being too weak to initiate eye contact as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

A deep pit in my stomach was slowly and gradually forming. It was a good one—it was happiness.

Happiness— a rare feeling, seemingly very hard to reach and get a proper hold of. It always vanishes with time but with him it's there to stay, to make me get used to it.

To make me realize how simple and beautiful of a feeling it was.

His eyes fixated towards the road, now focusing his attention on turning the engine on as I took my time shamelessly to scan his appearance in. Black ripped jeans being occupied with a basic black t-shirt that emphasized his biceps a little tad much, highlighting their presence.