1491 Aurora and Katerina Petrova

Caroline's POV-

I open my eyes and instantly feel his presence.

"Did you sleep well." He asks.

"Yeah," I say as a shiver passes through me. He takes off his jacket and covers me. "Thank you." 

He looks at me for a while so I build up the strength to turn and look at him.

"What," I say blushing.

"I almost daggered Rebekah. I don't even feel bad for it. What's wrong with me." 

I sit for a minute thinking about what to say.

"You're no different than the rest of us. We all go a little crazy sometimes." He smiles at me and says, "If I ever go a little crazy on you please stay with me."

I smile at him and hold out my pinky. "Always..."

"And forever." He says holding mine back.

MARCH 1491 England-

It was only a week until Klaus got his precious doppelganger and I was done with him. Me and Klaus had been fighting for years now. Sometimes we were happy and laughing, then yelling, then making out. The only thing that kept me going was my diary. It's how I let myself feel without anyone knowing. I was on my 30th diary now. My whole life laid on the pages of these books.

"No don't touch me I am DONE. Always and forever is OVER." I yell into his face grabbing my bags.

"What is with you, you obnoxious women." He yells back trying to grab my bags.

"Four centuries Nik. FOUR, and almost all of that has been wasted trying to help YOU become a hybrid." He glares at me.

"Why are you so against me becoming what I was born as."

"You were not born a monster." I yank my bags free and walk out the door but he flashes in front of me.

"You will not leave me you made a vow." I look down angrily.

"I helped you through everything. Even when you got the hunters curse after you killed Alexander. I sat for hundreds of years seeing you take life after life, seeing you be with women after women, SEEING YOU FALL IN LOVE. So don't remind me of always and forever when all you do is hurt me. Why can't I hurt YOU for once?" I yelled throwing my bags at him.

"That was years ago." He yells grabbing the bags off the floor and throwing them back in my room.

"It still feels like yesterday because I've relived the same day for centuries. I had to sit by and watch you fall in love with Aurora. See you two, love each other more and more every day. I HAD to see you dagger your siblings over and over again for years. Your family is MY FAMILY too. They are my always and forever I'm not so sure about you." I can sense the anger radiating off him as he comes towards me and backs me into my room.

He flashes and comes back flashing me against a wall in a matter of seconds. I fill the dagger scraping against my stomach.

"Stop testing me Caroline or I'm gonna put you in a box like Kol." He whispered in my ear.

"Be honest you still love her. You never stopped. You only act like you stopped because she broke your heart and ran. You went on a killing spree for months just for her." I whisper back in his ear and slide past him grabbing my bags and going to leave my room. That's when I felt it. My side filled with pain and I couldn't breathe. As I go to fall strong arms wrap around me. Niklaus looks down at me with so much guilt in his eyes. He lays me down on the bed and I see him walk out of the room.