Malachai Parker

1994- Portland Oregon

"I'll be right back I'm just going to get some blood bags," I say to Elle who was always worried about me. It was reversed for me I always worried about her.

"Okay... Just, be careful." I smile at her kissing her cheek and hurrying out into the midnight darkness.

I made it to the hospital and got many blood bags before I began to head home. I decided it would be best if I went through the woods so I wouldn't run into anybody and have to explain why I was carrying around dozens of blood bags. That's when I hear it. Everything around me stopped. I bet if someone dropped a coin a mile away I would hear it. A scream of most likely a teenage girl rung through my ears. It made me think of Elle though I knew it wasn't her a motherly instinct washed through me so I ran. I ran until I crashed into a body and there stood a man in his young 20's.

 I ran until I crashed into a body and there stood a man in his young 20's

My eyes immediately went to the knife he held in his hands.

"What did you do?" I whisper looking at his trembling hands. He looks at me and goes to stab me but I grab his hand twisting it around his body. His back is pressed tightly against my stomach.

"You're a vampire, great."He says because of my strength.

"And your an idiot. Try anything again I'll rip your heart out." I flinch when he begins to laugh.

"Oh, I'm so scared. I'm the leader of the Gemini Coven. So try me." I sneer and push him off me and take a good look at him. He was cute.

"I'm not gonna fall for your good looks or charm so drop the act. Who was yelling?" He smiles at me which makes my stomach flip. I'm not sure if it was in a bad or good way.

"Well, that was the screams of my family... that I happened to just murder." My eyes widen and I go to flash to him but ringing fills my ears and my head fogs up. I fall to the ground and he smirks at me.

"No, no, no. Don't do that missy." I glare up at him.

"Just let me go you, murderer." He puts his hand down and tucks them into his jean pockets.

"I prefer being called Kai. Though my worthless parents call me Malachai. It's like they wanted me to kill them. LIke who names a baby Malachai. Anywho, come on get up." I look up at him confused.

"So... you'll kill your family but not some stranger."

"Who said I wasn't gonna kill you." My eyes widen in fear but he just laughs.

"Kidding, I like you. I don't know why though... just something about you says good and bad. It intrigues me." I nod my head standing up wearily and brushing leaves off me.

"Don't forget your blood bags. You may need those. Oh right, where you heading."  I glare at him shaking my head no.

"Somewhere without you. Now go before I actually kill you."