Caring and Broken

Kol was mad at me because I had been avoiding him. I couldn't be with either of them because I didn't want to hurt either of them.

"Elijah you would look good in this," I say as we stare at suits.

"Oh, I would thank you, Caroline." He grabs it and we head home. I loved spending time alone with Elijah. He helped keep me sane. He was the calmest Mikaelson and easiest to deal with.

We walk through the front door and hear Kol, Klaus, and Rebekah... laughing. That was odd. Me and Elijah look at each other and flash to the living room. They sat around Ruth and she was telling them stories about me.

"Ruth!" I squeal running to her and holding her mouth shut.

"What love you afraid to tell us about Charles." I blush and try to act angry but laugh like crazy.

----------------------------------------

10 months later-

"Rebekah it's okay," I whisper as I held her.

"NO, it's not Niklaus just threw Emil off the balcony. Now the governor hates us and we have to go back to New Orleans." I hold her tighter and pat her head. My stomach had been killing me I threw up all the time and now I have to deal with Nik killing others.

"I know Beks he's changed. There's no hope for him." She sobs and slowly falls asleep. I lay her down and Elijah comes in to watch her. I kiss him on the cheek and go to show Klaus a piece of my mind. I walk into the living room and Kol and Klaus laugh with each other. I cough and they look at me. They were both horrible people now.

"Come to give us a show love," Klaus says as he goes to grab my waist. I turn his arm and break it. He yells out but pops it back into place and it begins to heal.

"Never do that again Caroline." He growls.

"Or WHAT. You'll kill me. You don't have the strength to do it." He looks at me angirly.

"You better calm yourself." He growls. I roll my eyes and turn to Kol.

"And YOU. I thought you were the better brother but I guess I was just wrong. You both have become monsters-" Klaus grabs my throat and flashes me against a wall. I see Kol flinch a little.

"Don't test me, Caroline," Klaus says.

"Okay Okay come on Niklaus calm down," Kol says with a strain in his voice. Klaus glares at me one more time before shoving me and letting go.

"What have you become," I say crying. I see a hint of remorse in him but it disappears in an instant as if it never happened. 

"Nothing Caroline this is who I am I'm finally free." I grimace at his words.

"Same for me Caroline. OH look our meal has arrived." Two girls walk in with blonde hair. I close my eyes tightly and turn around to leave. 

"Caroline where are you going," Nik asks.

"IM DONE IM LEAVING." I get flashed against a wall.

"Not again I won't let you." I push him off me and he flies across the room. Kol laughs as he watches us.

"Your gonna regret that." He says running towards me with a white oak stake. Kol throws him back after stabbing him with a wooden stake.

"Kol why did you help," I mumble.

"I made a promise now go before he wakes." I kiss him on the cheek and grab Ruth flashing away once again. But I come back a second later.

"Caroline what, go," Kol says scared.