Old friends

I look in the mirror and see my running make-up. I reach out and smash the mirror into pieces. My knuckles bleed and I just stare at it as it heals. I fix my make-up and clear up my tears and walk out of the bathroom. One more push and for sure my emotions would be on. 

I look around frantically because I can't see Stefan. My face twists to disgust when I see him making out with some blonde in the corner. 

A sense of recognition washes over me but I ignore it and go to get a drink

A sense of recognition washes over me but I ignore it and go to get a drink. I knew Stefan had been seeing a girl for a while but I never met her. So why would I recognize the girl so well by only seeing her back? I smile at the bartender and ask for a cold bourbon.

I turn and my heart stops. My stomach twists and I feel like I can't breathe. Are they really here. Stefan laughs and talks with Klaus glancing at Rebekah every few seconds. Was I really in the bathroom having a panic attack for so long that Klaus and Rebekah could appear. 

"You are a good one Salvatore. Your treat my sister with respect and I respect you for that." Klaus says making me roll my eyes.

"Thank you," Stefan says sipping his drink.

"Oh please, Niklaus I'm surprised you haven't ripped his heart out yet," Rebekah says smirking

"Where is she..." I hear Stefan whisper under his breath.

"Who mate," Klaus asks hearing him too. I feel my heart drop and go to flash away but keep my eyes on them.

"My friend went to the bathroom a while ago." He says Klaus begins to laugh hysterically.

"Is she a lady friend?"

"Yeah, only a friend though. Stuck with me through the years ." He says eying Rebekah to make sure she's not angry.

"Looks like she made a run for it," Klaus says laughing ignoring Rebekah.

"No, she would never do that. We party all day and night. She wouldn't care to leave she has no emotions." Klaus nods in interest.

"Well, why don't we see if your lady friend is still in there," Nik suggest. They all nod and head to the ladies room. This gave me more than enough time to go but I couldn't move. My heart thundered and I wanted to flash away so badly but nothing happened. I stood there waiting for them to come out.