College life, goodbye's, and hello's

2013- 54 years later

"I can believe this is actually happening my daughters going to college." I cry out sitting a box on Elle's bed.

" I cry out sitting a box on Elle's bed

"Mom I'll be fine. I'm more worried about you. You're going all the way back to Mystic Falls while I'm gonna be in here in West Virginia without you. I know all those years you had to focus on homeschooling me but I don't understand why you don't go to college here?" I smile at her

"Because I want to do this right and for the first time in forever no offense I'm not a mother. I want to become myself again. And I want you to find yourself I can't scold every boy you bring into your dorm room. Oh, by the way, you better use protection."

"Eww mom, stop it that's gross." I laugh at her twisting face.

"We can act like best friends when I come to visit just in case... but you're still gonna listen to me you understand missy?" I say playfully glaring at her.

"Loud and clear." We both laugh while I nudge her arm.

"Can't wait for Mariana to finally be my roommate. We've been waiting for this for 10 years." I smile at her remembering when Elle and Mariana met. Mariana was just a young werewolf teen when we met her in Australia in 2003. Her mother was Mexican and died when she was born while her father was Caucasian and Australian and died weeks before we met her. Me and Ruth took her in and taught her how to control herself. It would have been easier if Lexi were there. But she was still dealing with Stefan because after Damon turned off his humanity he blamed Stefan for Katerina again. Stefan and Lexi left, then Damon. In the end, it was only me, Ruth, and Elliana.

"I know, you two better behave yourselves." I poke her in the chest.

" I hope you're not talking about me." A feminine voice says from the door. I turn and smile seeing a smirk on her face.

"Mariana Allison, you ready for college?" I say hugging her

"As ready as one can be. What about you?" She pulls back smiling at me. 

"I'll be fine." Mariana smiles nodding then turns to Elliana.

"We're roomies. AAAAGGGGHHH." Elle says jumping up and down with her.