"Too many times we've done this."

He turns and begins to leave.

"NO," I yell flashing in front of him. "You don't get to walk away. You will be a man and suck it up. I can't go back 20 years and redo this. Your gonna have to grow up and understand that I waited for you for so long. The only person who actually gave me any attention was Kol. So you can't be mad at me." He stares down at me and grabs my waist flashing us to another room.

"How long ago was this?"

"Twenty years ago."

"How is she still a child?"

I sigh as I begin to tell him everything I know.

"So you haven't done anything with him lately?" He asks. 

"Yes, Niklaus. The last time was twenty years ago." He grabs my cheek and rubs it with his thumb. Slowly he comes forward and tries to kiss me I move my face so he only kisses my cheek. A look of dismay crosses his face.

"Do you love him?" I shake my head no even though I wasn't sure about that.

"Let's go home, Caroline." He whispers walking past me. For some reason, I felt like this was him winning like all I am is a game he has to have me to win. Like I have to love him but he doesn't have to love me. That's when I decided when he woke Kol up I was gonna leave. I needed to protect my daughter. He would never let me have my freedom. He would control me and never will anyone control me. Even if that person is my best friend.

------------------------------------

10 years later- 1850

Dear diary, 

Today is different. It's new and exciting. My daughter Elliana will be turning three. It's crazy and frightening to think the last time I was with Kol was thirty years ago. The last time I saw him was ten years ago before Niklaus stuck him in a box like an animal. I genuinely love Nik but he's changed I barely see the loving man I knew many years ago. I still write to Lexi and her to me but I just feel stuck. The exciting thing though is that Nik promised me he would be un-daggering Kol today. I was very excited for my little girl to see her father. Then I would be leaving as I promised myself ten years ago.

sincerely Caroline.

I set my pen down and hear yelling

I set my pen down and hear yelling. Quickly I flash downstairs and see Nik holding a sword to Marcellus' neck.

 Quickly I flash downstairs and see Nik holding a sword to Marcellus' neck