1800's

Klaus' POV-

I smile as I walk up to the front door of my home. I killed Katerina's whole family and it felt great knowing the pain she would feel. I open the door and go to talk to Caroline and tell her it was time for her to leave. I make my way up the stairs and see her door open. Slowly I walk in and see Rebekah crying on Caroline's bed.

"Rebekah where's Caroline," I say sadly as I hold her.

"She's gone Niklaus. She just left out of nowhere." Unfallen tears sting my eyes.

"Did she tell you why," I say worried they would all hate me.

"She said she had to. That she wanted to explore the world." Her words spin my head. Why didn't she tell them I was making her.

"Did she say goodbye to all of you." She sniffles.

"Yes, Nik. I'm not sure why she didn't say goodbye to you. You were always her favorite Mikaelson." I smile remembering her. Every silly thing she would do made her so cute. And now she was gone because of me. Rebekah falls asleep so I lay her down and go to leave. But something catches my eye. I walk towards Caroline's bookshelf and open the glass doors. In the inside, a small wooden knight lay there. A few tears escape as I remember the day I gave it to her.

 A few tears escape as I remember the day I gave it to her

Caroline was so frightened because of the storm she just needed someone to comfort her

Caroline was so frightened because of the storm she just needed someone to comfort her. I flash out of the room and destroy my room. But stop when I come to a painting I did of Caroline. Why did I make her go?

CAROLINE"S POV- 1820's

"Ruth would you please tighten my corset more," I say to my maid who was also a dear friend. She was African American but I would never call her my slave. We met 300 years ago and she helped me with everything. She begged me to turn her when she turned 21 and I did after she told me how much she wanted it and gained my trust.

"Miss Caroline you look as beautiful as ever." I smile at her.

"Thank you and you do too," I say and we wrap our arms around each other as we talk and walk downstairs.